Final assignment

Jay McCarthy

May 28, 2011, 1:06:44 PM5/28/11
to BYU CS 142
The final day of class is the 13th. Since assignments are due before
the next class, there's a problem with the last one.

First, since there is no final exam at the scheduled time, I am going
to consider the last assignment a take-home final.

Thus, I think I should require it to be turned in by 9am on the 16th,
when our scheduled final time would have been over. This will be a
strict, no exceptions, no explanations deadline. I suggest you
actually turn it in the evening of the 15th.

This will give you basically 24 extra hours to do the assignment than usual.

The TAs will probably be around all the time before then, but may not
because of their own finals.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Mandy

Jun 16, 2011, 3:48:06 AM6/16/11
to BYU CS 142 (Spring 2011) [McCarthy]
Okay, so the final assignment will be due the 16th by 9am. What about
the optional exercises for days 18, 19 and 20? Same time or later on
the 16th or...?

Thanks Jay.

On May 28, 11:06 am, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thefinalday of class is the 13th. Since assignments are due before
> the next class, there's a problem with the last one.
>
> First, since there is nofinalexam at the scheduled time, I am going
> to consider the last assignment a take-homefinal.
>
> Thus, I think I should require it to be turned in by 9am on the 16th,
> when our scheduledfinaltime would have been over. This will be a
> strict, no exceptions, no explanations deadline. I suggest you
> actually turn it in the evening of the 15th.
>
> This will give you basically 24 extra hours to do the assignment than usual.
>
> The TAs will probably be around all the time before then, but may not
> because of their own finals.
>
> Jay
>
> --
> Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
> Assistant Professor / Brigham Young Universityhttp://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Jay McCarthy

Jun 16, 2011, 7:33:13 AM6/16/11
to byu-cs-jm-14...@googlegroups.com
Turn in all your extra work by the 20th at 5pm.

Jay