20/3, ?

dorme

Dec 2, 2011, 4:22:10 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
How are we supposed to insert the japanese word for the numbers into
our english emacs?
And I don't quite understand what we're supposed to do for 20/3, and
the example question.

Jay McCarthy

Dec 2, 2011, 4:52:06 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-1...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM, dorme <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:
How are we supposed to insert the japanese word for the numbers into
our english emacs?

You aren't, that's just an example describing how it works.

And I don't quite understand what we're supposed to do for 20/3, and
the example question.

You are supposed to imagine what your program would do on my example tree and tell me how many new nodes would get made

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

dorme

Dec 2, 2011, 5:49:27 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
Is it ok for us to mutate inside main?
myBST = myBST->update(...);?

On Dec 2, 2:52 pm, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM, dorme <devono...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How are we supposed to insert the japanese word for the numbers into
> > our english emacs?
>
> You aren't, that's just an example describing how it works.
>
> > And I don't quite understand what we're supposed to do for 20/3, and
> > the example question.
>
> You are supposed to imagine what your program would do on my example tree
> and tell me how many new nodes would get made
>
> Jay
>
> --
> Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>

> Assistant Professor / Brigham Young Universityhttp://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Jay McCarthy

Dec 2, 2011, 6:14:27 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-1...@googlegroups.com
No. The 20/4 update should actually change the node in the tree

Jay

dorme

Dec 2, 2011, 6:16:55 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
I was still asking about 20/3.

Jay McCarthy

Dec 2, 2011, 6:17:52 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-1...@googlegroups.com
That's a bad idea. Just make real test cases.

dorme

Dec 2, 2011, 6:47:26 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
Is answering the question worth 1 point and doing the problem right
worth 1, or does missing one cancel out the other to make 0? And are
you counting the first point of the BST as a node?

Jay McCarthy

Dec 2, 2011, 7:03:00 PM12/2/11
to byu-cs-jm-1...@googlegroups.com
You need both to receive credit