Re: 20/3.cc

Jay McCarthy

Dec 9, 2011, 9:20:42 AM12/9/11
to Timnah Katuka, byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
You return a new tree that shares some of the old nodes. This is just like a mapping function or the "birth" function we wrote that one time (at band camp.)

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Timnah Katuka <timnah...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
do we have to return the same bst the update function got as its arg, with the updated node? how do we do it without using mutation?

--
Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

tkatuka

Dec 9, 2011, 9:42:39 AM12/9/11
to byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
I'm sorry but what birth function?

On Dec 9, 7:20 am, Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> You return a new tree that shares some of the old nodes. This is just like
> a mapping function or the "birth" function we wrote that one time (at band
> camp.)
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Timnah Katuka <timnah_kat...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>
> > do we have to return the same bst the update function got as its arg, with
> > the updated node? how do we do it without using mutation?
>
> --
> Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>

> Assistant Professor / Brigham Young Universityhttp://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Jay McCarthy