Re: 20.3

Jay McCarthy

Dec 2, 2011, 6:13:20 PM12/2/11
to peter anderson, byu-cs-jm-142-Fall-2011
You are updating the string based on a given integer.

Jay

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM, peter anderson <petecu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jay,
I have already asked Dan this question, but I'm still not sure I got the correct response. On 20.3 we are using BST, which have an integer and string associated with them along with two other BST's. Are we using the string to update the integer or is it the opposite? If we are using the string to update the integer, do we have to allow, according to the BST property, for integers which will force a restructuring of the tree. I want to minimize the amount of extra work I do.
Thanks
Pete

--
Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>