Convo with Jay

1 view

justin seliger

Dec 2, 2010, 12:19:27 AM12/2/10
to BYU CS 330 Fall 2010
This is a conversation Jay and I had about the assignment, it might be useful to someone else.

me:  Hey Jay, Robby and I had a question.  In the function alpha-vary, it says that hash-set and such will be useful, but we are wondering why don't we just type case on the expression and rewrite any id we find with a gensym?
instead of storing it that is
 Jay:  you have to make sure you change bound occurrences to the same thing you changed the binding occurrence to
 me:  OOooOOoo
 Jay:  ie, (fun (x : number) x) should be (fun (x111 : number) x111) not (fun (x111 : number) x234)
 me:  that makes sense
 Jay:  send this conversation to the mailing list, please
 me:  okay