Re: testing alpha-vary

1 view

Jay McCarthy

Nov 29, 2010, 5:30:52 PM11/29/10
to Troy Jones, Jay McCarthy, CS 330 mailing list
There is no good way other than visual inspection

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:32 PM, Troy Jones <troym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to test alpha-vary since we don't know the unique identifiers that it will generate?
>
> Troy

Samuel Stephens

Nov 30, 2010, 7:24:33 PM11/30/10
to byu-cs-330...@googlegroups.com
Given this fact, will you grade any tests for alpha-vary?

Samuel Stephens
--"Your reputation is what others know about you.  Your honor is what
you know about yourself."
--Aral Vorkosigan
from "Memory" by Lois McMaster Bujold

Jay McCarthy

Nov 30, 2010, 7:31:07 PM11/30/10
to byu-cs-330...@googlegroups.com, byu-cs-330...@googlegroups.com
Yes but I will accept as test cases non-automated things like a comment describing what the output should look like

Sent from my iPhone

Samuel Stephens

Jay McCarthy

Nov 30, 2010, 8:43:18 PM11/30/10
to byu-cs-330...@googlegroups.com, byu-cs-330...@googlegroups.com
Yes because you will use gensym for labels

Sent from my iPhone