Re: [BYUCH] Borrow a Mac, Make an App

Kyle Clegg

Jan 30, 2015, 10:25:59 PM1/30/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Very cool Nick! Glad to see you putting something like this in action. What's the intended reach? With the two Mac Minis I could see it being a local thing where you are working more hands on with the participants, perhaps even students from Dr. Liddle's iOS course or NSCoderNight attendees. Then again I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to ship a Mac Mini, as small as they are.

On Fri Jan 30 2015 at 4:00:25 PM Nick W <nwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

When I wanted to learn how to make iPhone apps back in 2010, the biggest thing that held me back was not having a Mac. I had used PCs all my life and Apple hardware is EXPENSIVE. Fast forward to today where I understand the value of these beautiful machines and have have the money to pay for them. I want to help others who were in my position.

I am starting a little program called “Borrow a Mac, Make an App”. I will be purchasing two mac minis that will be lent to people who want to make apps but need a Mac. These individuals will have free access to a Mac Mini for 3 months and materials to learn how to make apps. All I ask is that those who borrow the Mac, share with me what they learned at the end of the 3 months. This process will start again and 2 more people will get to use the Macs.

If you are interested or know someone that’s interested in making apps but needs a Mac, email me at madeupb...@gmail.com

Nick W

Feb 3, 2015, 3:10:53 AM2/3/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm I didn't think about Liddle's class that a great idea. Local is preferred but if I can't find anyone that's interested locally, I'd be willing to ship.

izatt intl

Mar 5, 2015, 4:16:59 PM3/5/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Nick, I have someone that's interested in your Mac Mini loaner program. How would you like them to contact you?

izatt intl

Mar 5, 2015, 4:18:12 PM3/5/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Your email at the end of the post got squished so it's unusable, btw.

Nick W

Mar 6, 2015, 1:34:56 PM3/6/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Have them email madeupb...@gmail.com