Byteflow and Recaptcha

1 view

Mariusz Droździel

Dec 29, 2009, 3:10:00 PM12/29/09
to byteflow-users
Hello,

Is there any configuration needed for using recaptcha with byteflow? I
did the basic setup, but when the page with recaptcha is going to be
displayed Django throws template error. Explicitly the form.as_p
cannot be rendered.

Traceback is available here: http://dpaste.com/hold/138962/

Thanks in advance for any tips!

--
Mariusz Droździel

Alexander Solovyov

Jan 5, 2010, 4:15:24 PM1/5/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
On 2009-12-29, Mariusz Droździel wrote:

> Is there any configuration needed for using recaptcha with byteflow? I
> did the basic setup,

This means that you have properly set private/public keys for recaptcha,
right?

> but when the page with recaptcha is going to be
> displayed Django throws template error. Explicitly the form.as_p
> cannot be rendered.

> Traceback is available here: http://dpaste.com/hold/138962/

Eh, unfortunately nothing meaningful here. :-( Django templates make it
notoriously hard to understand what's going on...

--
Alexander

Mariusz Droździel

Jan 29, 2010, 12:30:32 PM1/29/10
to byteflow-users
On 5 Sty, 22:15, "Alexander Solovyov" <pira...@piranha.org.ua> wrote:

>> Is there any configuration needed for using recaptcha with byteflow? I
>> did the basic setup,
> This means that you have properly set private/public keys for recaptcha,
> right?

Yes, of course, this part is done.

>> but when the page with recaptcha is going to be
>> displayed Django throws template error. Explicitly the form.as_p

>> Traceback is available here:http://dpaste.com/hold/138962/
> Eh, unfortunately nothing meaningful here. :-( Django templates make it
> notoriously hard to understand what's going on...

The problem is with rendering form.as_p after the field with recaptcha
is included into the form. Normal simple catcha is working great. I
have postponed recaptcha, because it wasn't urgent, but I am coming to
the stage I will have to do it this way or another. I will look into
the issue and post eventual solution later. btw: I am using django
1.1.1. Could this be relevant in any way? Anyone without recaptcha
issue with byteflow on django 1.1.1?

--
Mariusz Drozdziel

Mariusz Droździel

Jan 30, 2010, 3:06:07 PM1/30/10
to byteflow-users
On 29 Sty, 18:30, Mariusz Droździel <mdrozdz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is with rendering form.as_p after the field with recaptcha
> is included into the form. Normal simple catcha is working great. I

It turned out, that the problem was indeed related to configuration -
mistyped domain name in the recaptcha secion in settings.py. I
downgraded django to 1.0.4 in order to check if django itself itsn't a
problem. For some reason the debug in older django was way more
explicit and pointed me directly to configuration.

--
Mariusz Drozdziel