recaptcha not working?

Nathan J. Mehl

Apr 27, 2010, 5:33:59 PM4/27/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, my blog ended up being targeted by a spammer who was patient enough to crack the default/simple captcha.

I've attempted to convert over to recaptcha, but while the recaptcha box is displayed, it reports the captcha solution as incorrect 100% of the time.  While my vision is bad, I don't think that it's quite that bad.

I've tried this with both a global key for my site and with a site-specific key.

Is anyone currently getting recaptcha to work?

-n

--
Everyone knows history moves in circles;
the surprise is how big the circles are.

Timur Ozheghin

Apr 27, 2010, 7:46:30 PM4/27/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It works fine for me.

2010/4/28 Nathan J. Mehl <mem...@blank.org>

--
Счастливой радости!
Тимур Ожегин

Timur Ozheghin

David Michael Pennington

Apr 27, 2010, 9:48:25 PM4/27/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
Nathan,

I had problems getting recaptcha to work with byteflow, but only when
I used certain templates. Which theme are you using?

The problem seems to be in
themes/<theme_name>/blog/post_detail.html... I am using the lite
theme, so I found a working copy of post_detail.html and hacked it for
my purposes... someone else may be able to isolate further from this
point.

Cheers,
\m

Nathan J. Mehl

Apr 27, 2010, 9:50:48 PM4/27/10

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM, David Michael Pennington <penning...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had problems getting recaptcha to work with byteflow, but only when
I used certain templates.  Which theme are you using?

The problem seems to be in
themes/<theme_name>/blog/post_detail.html... I am using the lite
theme, so I found a working copy of post_detail.html and hacked it for
my purposes...  someone else may be able to isolate further from this
point.

Ah, interesting.  I'm using a theme that started life as 'andreas08', but which I've hacked substantially for my own nefarious purposes.  Thanks for the pointer; I'll see if I can't track it down.