Crossposting to LJ

Belegnar

Apr 1, 2010, 1:00:50 PM4/1/10
to byteflow-users
Is there some sort of plugin to crosspost new entries to the LJ
account?

Nathan J. Mehl

Apr 1, 2010, 1:09:12 PM4/1/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
It's built-in.  It's a little flaky though; for some reason it won't actually do the crossposting unless you set one of the lj crossposting options in the post/add/ screen to something other than their default values.  I tried a while back to figure out why this was, but got lost in a maze of twisty django callbacks.

-n

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Belegnar <tozh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there some sort of plugin to crosspost new entries to the LJ
account?

Everyone knows history moves in circles;
the surprise is how big the circles are.
 (--Greil Marcus)

Timur Ozheghin

Apr 4, 2010, 6:38:35 PM4/4/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
If it's built-in, how can I to turn it on? I can't see any fields asking about LJ account and journal to crosspost to. On the page http://zilant.konvent.ru/blog/admin/blog/post/add/ I have fields:
* author
* site
* name
* slug
* posting text
* rendering method
* date
* marks for draft and comments

2010/4/1 Nathan J. Mehl <mem...@blank.org>

--
Счастливой радости!
Тимур Ожегин

Nathan J. Mehl

Apr 4, 2010, 10:10:00 PM4/4/10

2010/4/4 Timur Ozheghin <tozh...@gmail.com>

If it's built-in, how can I to turn it on? I can't see any fields asking about LJ account and journal to crosspost to.

In settings_local.py, fill out this section:

# Livejournal crossposting
LJ_USERNAME = ''
LJ_PASSWORD = ''

...and make sure that the 'livejournal' application is not commented out under "ADDITIONAL_APPS".

You may need to restart your webserver for the change to get picked up.

-n

Timur Ozheghin

Apr 5, 2010, 12:59:57 PM4/5/10
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
That's it. But I can't crosspost to the community via this. =(

Nathan J. Mehl

Apr 5, 2010, 3:24:13 PM4/5/10

2010/4/5 Timur Ozheghin <tozh...@gmail.com>

That's it. But I can't crosspost to the community via this. =(

Ah, yeah, AFAIK there's not currently any support for posting to communities.  Shouldn't be too hard to hack in though: the livejournal code is pretty bog-simple...