6/14/2006 Changes

uuellbee

Jun 14, 2006, 11:09:15 PM6/14/06
to byCycle
These features were added to the Trip Planner today:

- Experimental "safer" preference for the Portland area
- "Reverse directions" link above directions list.
- A "show bookmark" link above the map that generates a link to the
current result

If you try using the "safer" preference, we'd like to hear what you
think of it and how you think it can be improved. The main thing it
does different from "normal" is more heavily prefer the Metro Bike
There map network (the colored streets) and especially trails. (I
should note though that there are some issues with the data so that the
Trip Planner won't always use trails when it should; we're working on
fixing this.)

When you click the "show bookmark" link, a new box appears with a
"Bookmark for This Result" link. You can right-click this link to copy
the address, for example, into an email. Or you can just click the link
and then copy the address from your browser's address bar.

Adding new features always introduces the potential of breaking
something--please let us know if you uncover any problems.

~wyatt