scroll wheel zooming

Jack Newlevant

Sep 27, 2006, 9:50:11 AM9/27/06
to byC...@googlegroups.com
I like this feature in Google maps. Can we add it at
bycycle? Can we adjust the zoom rate?

--
Jack Newlevant
Bi(cycle) Ro(ute) Te(chnology)

Wyatt Baldwin

Oct 4, 2006, 8:26:06 PM10/4/06
to Jack Newlevant, byC...@googlegroups.com, byCyc...@googlegroups.com
On 9/27/06, Jack Newlevant <Ja...@newlevant.com> wrote:
> I like this feature in Google maps. Can we add it at
> bycycle? Can we adjust the zoom rate?

I did a quick check for scrolling via mouse wheel in the Google Maps
API, and it's not something that is built in (as far as I can see).

On the Google Maps discussion list there is a recent thread [1]
discussing how you can "roll your own", but that is not something I'm
interested in doing right now. If someone else wanted to take it on
and provide a patch, though, that would be cool.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_frm/thread/4fd3f00a2d0ea16d/c290c47eb2f17ad4?tvc=1&hl=en#c290c47eb2f17ad4

~wyatt