Bike Map Legend

uuellbee

Sep 29, 2006, 6:32:24 PM9/29/06
to byCycle General Discussion
A lot of people have been asking about the Bike/Map and Bike/Satellite
overlay lately, so we've figured we should probably post the the legend
for it. At some point, we'll at a legend to the trip planner itself;
hopefully this will do for now.

The letters in the directions list correspond to this also. For
example, "Turn left on Main St [b, l]" means that Main St is a bike
lane (blue) for a while and then a light traffic (green) street for a
while.

Color - Code Used in Directions List - Meaning
blue - b - bike lane
green - l - light traffic street
yellow - m - moderate traffic street
orange - h - high traffic street
red - c - caution area
purple - p - local path
purple - t - regional path (trail)

This is the same as Metro's Bike There! map, although the maps are
somewhat different in some places. You can get info about (and buy) the
Bike There! map here:
<http://www.metro-region.org/article.cfm?articleid=218>.

--
Wyatt Baldwin
byCycle.org

Jonathon Swiderski

Sep 30, 2006, 12:13:35 AM9/30/06
On 9/29/06, uuellbee <wyatt.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of people have been asking about the Bike/Map and Bike/Satellite
> overlay lately, so we've figured we should probably post the the legend
> for it. At some point, we'll at a legend to the trip planner itself;
> hopefully this will do for now.

this is probably still Portland-only, yeah?

--
Jonathon Swiderski -- jonathon....@gmail.com
"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money