Why can't a nose be 12 inches long?

Bronx Science Key Club

May 27, 2021, 8:02:00 AM5/27/21
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
HI KEY CLUBBERS

I hope everyone is doing well. I am sure many of us are studying for APs or about to take one this year. I'm wishing the best of luck to everyone! It is odd this year since the exams are virtual, so make sure to be familiar with the AP software! I know you will all do great :))))
NO MEETING - GOOD LUCK ON APs!
COMMITTEE MEMBER SIGN-UP FORM

Do you want to be more involved in the behind the scenes of Key Club? Join the Projects and/or Fundraising Committees! It is a good way to meet other key club friends while gaining experience! If you are interested in a committee cohead position next year, being a member in that committee can help familiarize yourself with what to expect.

Projects: Help find volunteer events

Fundraising: Aid in planning & promoting fundraisers

SIGN UP HERE
SUMMER LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

Key Club International’s Summer Leadership Conference, our second virtual conference, is July 8-10! This event will feature speakers, workshops and fun fellowship opportunities and bring together Key Clubbers from around the world.

keyclub.org/summerleadershipconference
PETITION SET #2: PROTECT MUSLIMS' RIGHTS
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Melody Jiang '24 and Rebecca Xie '23)

Our Public Relations coheads compiled 10 petitions that advocate for Muslim rights. From preventing infringement upon practices in their religion to condemning discrimination, these petitions address a wide variety of issues. Be sure to sign and support the Muslim community.

SIGN HERE
1 petition signed = 3 points
NEWSLETTER VOLUME 10.2
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Laura Pong '22)

See our club updates during the month of April (recap the first month of our new service year)! Make sure to take a look at it, and show Laura how much you love it!

CHECK IT OUT HERE

SUBMIT AN ARTICLE HERE
1 article submitted = 15 points
Click This Button for More Volunteer Events + Fundraisers
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Chrissy Jung '24 and Joslyn Aranha '23)
Events Document
BE MY EYES

 Be My Eyes is a free app that connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call. As a sighted volunteer, use your eyes to solve tasks big and small to help blind and low-vision people lead more independent lives.

1 person helped = 1 service hour
Deadline 5/29/21

SUBMIT HERE
CREATE DRY ERASE BOARDS

Create dry erase boards to help students practice handwriting. You can use picture frames, photo albums, and sheet protectors, or get creative and make your own!

**can receive NHS service credit - read instructions**
2 dry erase boards created = 1 service hour
Deadline 6/5/21

SUBMIT HERE
ASSEMBLE STEM KIT SUPPLIES

 Assemble kits for Classroom Central’s STEM Lending Library, which provides students and teachers with hands-on lesson plans and activities, focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math!

**can receive NHS service credit - read instructions**
1 set = 1 service hour
Deadline 6/6/21

SUBMIT HERE
Click This Button to Receive Division 11 Emails!
Sign Up for D11 Emails
JUNE DIVISIONAL

As the school year is ending, let's relax and get together at our June Divisional Join us for lots of fun, club updates and events!

Date: June 13th, 2021
Time: 6:00 PM
SIGN UP HERE
Attending = 20 points
The Panda Press: Volume 8 Issue 1

Our LTG, Melanie Ng, finished the April/May Volume 8 edition of The Panda Press. Learn about the new Divisional Board, District updates, service spotlights, and more!

CHECK IT OUT HERE
EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD

Being an editor is not just about writing and designing. It is also about thinking out of the box. Every Key Clubber has an editor’s spirit- they inspire others to take a step forward. What motivates you, may motivate other key clubbers. Like many Key Club awards, the Editor’s Choice Award is given to Key Club members who have dedicated themselves to volunteering and writing about such captivating events.

APPLY HERE
Abigail Choi
Class of 2024
I would like to nominate Abigail Choi for Member of the Month, because she has been able to uphold her Key Club pledge by participating in events, signing up for LTC, and even attending EVERY Thursday meeting. Furthermore, she is kind, caring, and responsible! - Chrissy Jung '24
While I was going through the spreadsheets for points and hours, I was shocked at how many points Abigail had. She participates in almost all the events, meeting the max in some of them. She clearly is a devoted key clubber by doing all these events and attending meetings, demonstrating the core value of caring, and upholding the pledge of service. - Linh Luu '23
I nominate Abigail Choi as Member of the Month because as one of the most active members of Key Club this year, Abigail has participated in almost every event and has always been present at meetings. I'm always inspired by the amount of effort she puts into her role as a member, and it's honestly pushed me to volunteer more as well. Throughout this year, Abigail has shown leadership in her passion for Key Club, and I'm really glad that we have someone like her in this club! - Shiya Lin '23

BxSciKeyClub Text Message Updates

Text "@bronxscikc" to 81010 to receive updates about upcoming events, fundraisers, and Key Club news.

Click These Buttons to Follow Our Social Media

Join Discord Server
Join Our Facebook Group
Check Out Our Website!
Add Our Google Calendar!
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Check Your Points/Hours
Correct Your Points/Hours
Sign Up for Emails (share me!)
Nominate Someone for Member of the Month
Board Suggestions
ANSWER: Because then it would be a foot.
~Sending positive vibes your way~

  Loretta Eng
  President of Bronx Science Key Club

  Email: en...@bxscience.edu