Why was Cinderella so bad at soccer?

Bronx Science Key Club

Apr 6, 2023, 8:01:14 AM4/6/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL

President: Chrissy Jung

Hiii y’all! My name is Chrissy and I will be your next President for the ‘23-’24 Key Club Service Year! I am really grateful to be able to lead such a special community. I’ll be sending weekly emails, leading weekly meetings, and managing interclub related items. I have some really fun things planned out and I am super excited! I can’t wait to get to know each of you and feel free to ask me anything!! :)) 💕💕💕

Vice President: Melody Jiang

Helllooo everyone💙💛 I’m Melody Jiang and your Vice President for the ‘23-‘24 service year! I look forward to working with the co-heads to meet every goal we set and to make this club even better! Other than volunteering, I also enjoy art, biology, and robotics. I spend my weekends even at a Key Club event, with my friends, or building a robot:) Can’t wait to know you guys this service year!

Secretary: Stacy Qu

Heyyy! My name is Stacy Qu and I am your ‘23-’24 secretary! I look forward to trying my best to keep up with the points and hours spreadsheet (hehe), and getting to know more key clubbers. A few things I really enjoy are music, games, and even more music. I also really enjoy making a bunch of new friends and hanging out, so feel free to reach out to me on any platforms!

Treasurer: Malika Toregeldiyeva

Hellooooo. I’m Malika, and I’m going to be your ‘23-’24 service year treasurer!! I love coffee, playing soccer, volunteering, and learning how to play the piano. I can’t wait to meet more Key Clubbers as well as work with the fundraising co-heads to organize this year’s fundraisers. I hope to see and meet you guys at some of these fundraisers. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, or even if you just want someone to go to an event with!

Bulletin/Webmaster: Darien Lu

Hi guyss! My name is Darien and I am so excited to be serving as your next Webmaster/Bulletin Editor for the 2023-2024 service year! My job is primarily centered around publishing our monthly newsletters and facilitating our club website. I like to draw, play badminton, and hang out with friends during my free time. I hope to get to know more of you guys and of course don’t be afraid to say hi to me! I promise I probably am just as socially awkward as everyone else.

Key Club Earth Week

HEY BRONX SCIENCE KEY CLUB!!

We are so excited to start our service year with our first advocacy week! Advocacy weeks are a really great way to spread awareness for a cause, gain points, and also have fun following themed activities each day!

For Earth Week, let's express our love for Mother Earth and what it does for us:) We will follow the acronym 'EARTH' for this week's activities!

♫ Click the poster to start participating ♫

Arcade Fundraiser

We're so excited to present our first fundraiser of NEXT service year! You can attend this Dave & Buster's Arcade Fundraiser over Spring Break with your friends for two hours of
unlimited games and 75 chips! Show off your skills or learn how to play new games, make sure friends, and support a good cause!!
All proceeds will be donated to Pencils of Promise.

This form will be closing on Monday!

Huge shoutout to the new fundraising coheads William Loh and Joanna Wang for putting this event together!

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

Petition Set #1:

It is a new service year, which means Shawna Khuu and Vicky Zheng are our new Public Relations coheads! They worked hard to create their first petition set.

Pollution has deadly effects. It contributes to global warming and the loss of human and animal life. This issue affects all of us across the globe and we should try to prevent pollution from causing more destruction. The future's in our hands and we have the power to fix it. One can do a lot for a community even if it’s simply through signing a petition!

♫ Click the poster to start signing ♫

Updated by your Projects Coheads Landin Huang and Sophia Guo

Bronx Science Key Club Updates Document

4/08/23: NYSoM Easter Eggstravaganza Event

Woah! NYSoM returns with one of its most thrilling and engaging events of the year: the Easter Eggstravaganza Event! At this event, Key Clubbers will be responsible for helping out with an Easter Egg Hunt, Easter Egg Painting, as well as doing arts and crafts related to Easter! Many Key Clubbers attended the same event last year and had a great time, so you should definitely consider signing up for this year’s event!

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

4/10/23: Food Hub Assistant

Volunteers will assist staff members to pack produce bags, keep track of how many bags are packed, replenish the packing table, and break down used boxes. We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and don't wear open-toed shoes.

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

4/16/2023: Calvert Vaux Coastal Cleanup

Are you interested in helping to protect nature and the different ecosystems around us thriving!? Then, come join the Stewardship Team, which is an organization that helps keep New York City’s forests and wetlands thriving, as they pick-up debris along the coast of the Calvert Vaux Park! It’s a great opportunity to interact with nature, and even possibly open your eyes to the different parks that you’ve never been to in the city!

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

4/22/2023: Bee-a-Pollinator

Recognition of Earth Day has reshaped awareness of how we interact with our environment and affected critical environmental protection legislation. Volunteers will assist with spring cleaning in the children's garden, trash flash mob (farm-wide cleanup), garden bed prep, sifting compost, mulching trails & paths, rock removal in support of our agricultural expansion! There are also many sustainability themed activities like the reduce, reuse, recycle book swap, eco scavenger hunt, apiary talks and more.

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

Text Message Updates

If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up to receive text updates by texting “@bxscikey” to 81010. You will receive updates about upcoming events, fundraisers, and Key Club news.

JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK
JOIN OUR GOOGLE CALENDAR
Instagram iconFacebook iconYouTube iconWebsite icon
CHECK YOUR POINTS AND HOURS

LOVE Y’ALL! <3

Yours in service,

Chrissy Jung

President of Bronx Science Key Club

Email: jun...@bxscience.edu

ANSWER: She kept running away from the ball!

--
---