What happens to New Year's resolutions?

1 view

Bronx Science Key Club

Jan 5, 2023, 8:01:33 AM1/5/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 1/5/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Happy New Year, Key Clubbers! I hope all of you have had a good start to 2023 so far! If you haven't seen from our instagram already, we are officially raising our goals to 20,000 hours and $16,000. Thank you to all of you for being such dedicated volunteers because without you, we wouldn't have reached our goals so quickly!!

Today is our highly anticipated ELECTIONS MEETING where we will be hearing from our President, Vice President, and Treasurer candidates! If you are a dues paying member, I highly recommend coming today so that you can have a vote in who our next Key Club Board will be :)) Good luck to all of the candidates!

Regarding the Karaoke Fundraiser, the date has been pushed back to this SUNDAY! Sign ups are already closed, but we will be reaching out to you and your groups with more information soon~

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336! ੈ✩‧₊˚
Apparel Order Form
You guys voted for a week, and we listened! Congrats to Sophia Guo '26 for winning our apparel design contest! The two runner ups will be available as sticker designs if you want to add them to your hoodie order <3

Order by: January 15th, 2023 !!

❀ Click the poster to order
LTC Application
It's the time of the year for us to start thinking about LTC! The Leadership Training Conference is an annual convention held in Albany where Key Clubbers from all around the New York District attend to celebrate the previous service year, elect the new District Board, participate in workshops, icebreakers, dance, and HAVE FUN! This is the first time in THREE YEARS that our club can finally attend IN PERSON!! But it also means that we cannot take everyone with us </33

If you're interested in attending this three day conference, please apply!!

❀ Click the poster to sign up
Petition Set #10: Providing For Immigrants and Refugees
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on supporting immigrants and refugees. Human rights violations against immigrants and refugees can include rejection of civil and political rights like illegal arrests, violence, or a lack of due process, as well as financial, social, and cultural rights like the right to health, housing, or education. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Pack Emergency and Relief Supplies in the Bronx
--Saturday, January 7, 2023--
Help fill emergency relief kits with food or essential supplies, sort out donated products, stock shelves, etc! Sort and bundle toys for distribution to bring joy to 300 vulnerable children in NYC as part of His Toy Store Reimagined.

SIGN UP HERE
NYCRUNS FROZEN PENGUIN 5K
--Sunday, January 8, 2023--
NYCRUNS is back with another 5K run to start off the new year! Volunteers will assist with handing out shirts, helping runners check their bags, or support them at a fluid station on the course or the post-finish festival!

SIGN UP HERE
Mott Haven Fridge
--Saturday, January 14, 2023--
Every Saturday, the Mott Haven Fridge moves an average of 6,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. Join us and help us carry food to families in underserved communities for the holidays. Start the year off by doing something kind for the families in Mott Haven!

SIGN UP HERE
Freerice
--Sunday, January 8, 2023--
NYCRUNS is back with another 5K run to start off the new year! Volunteers will assist with handing out shirts, helping runners check their bags, or support them at a fluid station on the course or the post-finish festival!

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
LTG INTEREST FORM
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 7

LTG Abigail released the November - December issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates and a spotlight from all the way in Division 14 (the Adirondacks)!!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the picture to start reading
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates

If you haven't already, make sure you sign up to receive text updates by texting "@bxscikey" to 81010. You will receive updates about upcoming events, fundraisers, and Key Club news.
JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
ADD OUR GOOGLE CALENDAR
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
Website
Spotify
BOARD SUGGESTIONS
EMAIL SIGNUP FORM (share this!)
POINTS/HOURS CORRECTIONS
INTERCLUB ACTIVITY FORM
MEMBER OF THE MONTH
ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS
CHECK YOUR POINTS/HOURS
Service Hours Update
Goal: 11,000 --> 20,000 Hours
Current: 16,079 Hours
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 80.40%% ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Fundraising Update
Goal: $7,000 --> $16,000
Current: $12,266
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 76.66%% ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
ANSWER: They go in one year and out the other.

Sending lots of hugs,
Shiya Lin ੈ✩‧₊˚

Shiya Lin
President of Bronx Science Key Club