Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers?

Bronx Science Key Club

May 25, 2023, 8:01:02 AM5/25/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL

5/25/23 President’s Greeting

MEETING TODAY

@4:30PM in Room 334

Hey everyone! This will probably be the last meeting for a while. Because of an NHS meeting during our normal Key Club meeting time, we will be meeting later during the day tomorrow. However, it will be short, fun, and precious:))

The Kiwi (Volume 11.12)

Made by your Immediate Past Bulletin Editor and Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee

Jeongwon has released her final newsletter of her service year! Please congratulate her for making amazing newsletters all year. Although it is sad, our next release will taken control by Darien Lu :)

♫ Click the poster to start reading ♫

2023 ELIMINATE WEEK

GUESS WHAT! WE ARE FINALLY HOLDING ELIMINATE WEEK!

Each day we will be eliminating a certain percentage of participants... your goal is to last as long as you can!

For every day, you MUST record yourself and submit your footage to this form in order for your submission to be accepted. BTW we will montage these clips and create a competition recap video:)

*UPDATE: WE CHANGED THE DATE TO AFTER REGENTS!!!

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

Petition Set #1

Made by your Public Relations Coheads

Shawna Khuu ‘25 and Vicky Zheng ‘26

May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month! Despite the significant contributions from AAPI individuals, they are still frequently underrepresented in various fields, the workforce, and educational curriculums Their voices are often inequitably demeaned by society, making it difficult for them to advocate for their concerns.

♫ Click the poster to start signing ♫

Updated by your Projects Coheads Landin Huang and Sophia Guo

Bronx Science Key Club Updates Document

5/26/23: Charity Miles (Soles 4 Souls)

Work hard exercising while helping charities! Using the Charity Miles app, you can walk, bike, or run for a cause. Set your history to monthly (see picture below), then send a screenshot of the activity (see picture below) to receive credit. The cause that we will be walking for is Soles4Souls! Soles4Souls receives shoes and clothing donations from other communities or families and later on distributes these items to various programs and groups around the world who need them.

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

5/27/23: Lot-Busters Community Garden

Come help out the Lot-Buster Organization with their garden beds (metal and wood) to assemble, hanging up lights, sorting seeds, and sharing garden plans! Come learn about all that what the organization is planning on adding to the garden this season and help them start the season off right!

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

5/28/23: Letters to Strangers

In order to spread awareness of mental health, we will be writing letters to strangers! Letters to Strangers is a community of individuals working to promote mental wellbeing. Through the process of writing letters to strangers and receiving letters from strangers, they hope members can anonymously explore their vulnerabilities and insights with each other. They believe that we can create heartfelt connections and foster empathy, one letter at a time.

♫ Click the poster to sign up ♫

Text Message Updates

If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up to receive text updates by texting “@bxscikeyto 81010. You will receive updates about upcoming events, fundraisers, and Key Club news.

JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK
JOIN OUR GOOGLE CALENDAR
Instagram iconFacebook iconYouTube iconWebsite icon
CHECK YOUR POINTS AND HOURS

LOVE Y’ALL! <3

Yours in service,

Chrissy Jung

President of Bronx Science Key Club

Email: jun...@bxscience.edu

ANSWER: He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them!

--
---