Why did the student only bubble in 1 and 3 for their scantron?

Bronx Science Key Club

Jan 26, 2023, 8:00:23 AM1/26/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 1/26/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Hey Key Clubbers! I hope you're remembering to stay sane during this crazy midyears week! I know that many of you have been working your butts off for a good test grade, so no matter what happens, just know that I'm proud of you :)) I hope that after tomorrow is over, you can all enjoy your 3-day weekend and possibly take some time off for sleep, friends, and volunteering. If you're attending the ice skating fundraiser, I'm super excited to see all of you! If you're volunteering at an event, then that's very cool of you too B) It's my birthday this weekend, but I honestly didn't make any plans for it so... who knows... maybe I'll show up at a volunteer event!

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ No meeting today! ੈ✩‧₊˚
Your board for the '23 - '24 service year is...!
President: Chrissy Jung '24
Vice President: Melody Jiang '24
Secretary: Stacy Qu '25
Treasurer: Malika Toregeldiyeva '25
Bulletin Editor/Webmaster: Darien Lu '25

Congratulations to everyone, and great job to those who ran!! You were all amazing, and I truly do mean that :)) I hope to see you running again for future club, division, and district positions because you are all leaders in my heart <33
If you ordered MERCH, then you MUST pay by Thursday, February 2nd!! Otherwise, we will not include your merch in our order.
October/November MMM
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Here's a quick recap of what happened during our October/November club meetings! MMM so funny~
December MMM
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Here's a quick recap of what happened during our December club meetings!
Petition Set #10: Providing For Immigrants and Refugees
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on supporting immigrants and refugees. Human rights violations against immigrants and refugees can include rejection of civil and political rights like illegal arrests, violence, or a lack of due process, as well as financial, social, and cultural rights like the right to health, housing, or education. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
The Kiwi: Volume 1.9
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our December newsletter!! Click to read about her experience with COVID and reflections as a senior. This past month was so memorable for many reasons, so it's definitely worth looking back at! Maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the cover to read
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Red Hook Composting
--Saturday, January 28, 2023--
Get some nice relaxation after midterms week with some fun and chill volunteering! You will do various tasks, including building new compost piles, sifting compost, turning a compost windrow with wheelbarrows, shovels and pitchforks, mulching, and site maintenance. Afterwards, there is an IKEA near where you can look around if you are interested!

SIGN UP HERE
Kitchen Projects
--Sunday, January 29, 2023--
Volunteer on my birthday!! With projects in God’s Love We Deliver's kitchen, you can prep meals for those in need. Tasks may include packaging meals, chopping onions, making meatballs, ladling soup, peeling potatoes, scooping baked goods, or preparing fresh herbs.

SIGN UP HERE
Pack Grocery Boxes with Wellfare
--Saturday, February 4, 2023--
Join Wellfare as they pack boxes with donated groceries for food-insecure New Yorkers! You will be tasked with preparing the assembly line, picking and packing boxes and trash maintenance. There will also be a 20-minute break.

SIGN UP HERE
Freerice
--Saturday, January 28, 2023--
Freerice is a free-to-play online game that allows players to indirectly donate rice to charities by playing multiple-choice quiz games. For every question the user answers correctly, 10 grains of rice are donated to the World Food Programme.

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
January Divisional & LTG Election
The January Divisional is going to be IN-PERSON again and will include the Lieutenant Governor Election for the 2023-2024 Service Year. Sumaya Suma '24 is going to be representing OUR CLUB as a candidate in the elections, so please pull up to show her your support!!!

❀ Click the poster to RSVP
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 7

LTG Abigail released the November - December issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates and a spotlight from all the way in Division 14 (the Adirondacks)!!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the picture to start reading
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates

If you haven't already, make sure you sign up to receive text updates by texting "@bxscikey" to 81010. You will receive updates about upcoming events, fundraisers, and Key Club news.
JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
ADD OUR GOOGLE CALENDAR
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
Website
Spotify
BOARD SUGGESTIONS
EMAIL SIGNUP FORM (share this!)
POINTS/HOURS CORRECTIONS
INTERCLUB ACTIVITY FORM
MEMBER OF THE MONTH
ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS
CHECK YOUR POINTS/HOURS
Service Hours Update
Goal: 11,000 --> 20,000 Hours
Current: 16,079 Hours
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 80.40%% ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Fundraising Update
Goal: $7,000 --> $16,000
Current: $12,266
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 76.66%% ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
ANSWER: Because they literally can't even.

Sending lots of hugs,
Shiya Lin ੈ✩‧₊˚

Shiya Lin
President of Bronx Science Key Club