Did you hear about the Popcorn that joined the army?

Bronx Science Key Club

Mar 16, 2023, 5:30:59 AM3/16/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 3/16/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Hey Key Clubbers! I'm so sorry about the email issues these past few weeks.. I promise I'll get it all sorted out soon!! In other news, it's so hard to believe that we only have 2 weeks left as your Key Club Board... I hope that many of you will continue to keep in touch with Key Club even after I'm gone! Key Club will always have a special place in my heart, and I hope that that's true for you all too. While you listen to our Junior Board Farewells today, I hope that you will be able to reflect on this service year with all of us as well. Next week is going to be our last in-meeting service project for this service year, followed by Senior Board Farewells on the last meeting of our term. I hope to see you all these coming weeks!!

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336! ੈ✩‧₊˚
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ Goals Update ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
WOOOO !!! We've officially reached our Service Hours Goal for this service year AGAIN!!! I'm literally so proud and IMPRESSED by all of you, and can't even begin to count how many times we've raised our goal this year. We started off this year wondering if 11,000 hours was even possible, and now we've completely crushed that expectation by surpassing 20,000 hours. Our Fundraising Goal is also on its way to completion as we're only $1,475 away!! For these next two weeks, let's try our hardest to reach this goal by doing TWO things: 1) Submit your Charity Miles at the END of the month, rather than the beginning, and 2) Sign up for our UPCOMING and FINAL fundraiser! (Hint: We will likely be announcing it before my next email~)
If you signed up for our BXSCI x DOZO Pottery Painting Fundraiser over the break, we will be distributing your plates at our meeting today!!
BXSCI x DOZO Pottery Fundraiser (Extended)
Hey Key Clubbers! If you wanted to go to the pottery painting fundraiser, but didn't get the chance to, then no worries! We are actually selling our extra plates for the original price, and you still have the chance to paint them! Check out the form (linked in the button below) for more details.

Plates will be given on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis and you will still receive the +40 points for participating in this fundraiser!!
RESERVE YOUR PLATES NOW
February Recap
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Here's a quick recap of our events in January! Maybe you'll see yourself~
LTC Video Contest Submission
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Thank you again to everyone who helped make letters at our meeting!
Petition Set #12: Minimizing Deforestation
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

Deforestation is a major environmental issue with far-reaching repercussions for the forest ecosystems, biodiversity, and climate. Reduced deforestation rates, as well as increased reforestation and sustainable forest management, are critical for minimizing the effects of climate change and conserving the world's natural resources. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
The Kiwi: Volume 11.11
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our February newsletter!! This is her second to last newsletter EVER, so please give it some love! There were so many events this past month, and maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the cover to read
Members of the Month
Congrats to Kina Nagasaki '26 AND Suraiya Hossain '26 for being nominated for the month of February!!

"Kina and Suraiya were both very active members over the break, and I’ve seen them on the attendance sheets for multiple events. They’re both incredibly kind and helpful to everyone, and seem like very honest and hardworking people. Suraiya was teaching three people how to knit at once at the Hats for Homeless event that I attended, and I saw Kina running everywhere, performing odd jobs at the Arts Warehouse event. I’m glad that I can rely on them as Bronx Science Key Clubbers!"
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Community Clean Up at Woodside
--Saturday, March 18, 2023--
Woodside on the Move always has a mission to clean up and improve the conditions of the Woodside commercial district. This month, you will have the chance to join other volunteers to clean and beautify the neighborhood of Woodside! We recommend you wear appropriate clothing and bring water!

SIGN UP HERE
Hell’s Kitchen Community Clean Up
--Sunday, March 19, 2023--
Spring is coming! Wouldn't it be awesome to head out with your friends for a calm and chill clean up around the streets of Manhattan's famous Hell's Kitchen neighborhood? Let's rock the streets to tidy up the city one block at a time! We encourage you to wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes. Please also bring water to stay hydrated!

SIGN UP HERE
Let's Clean Up the Coasts of Soundview
--Saturday, March 25, 2023--
Join the Bronx River Alliance & Teddy Bear Project for a Coastal Cleanup Day! Volunteers will help pitch in to clean up the coasts with other families. We recommend you wear weather appropriate, protective clothing: Hat, long pants & sturdy closed toe shoes or boots. Supplies will be provided at the event.

SIGN UP HERE
Rice Race
Want to help others while playing games? If so, download Ricerace and start collecting rice! With every rice you collect, Rice Race donates one to FoodBank! These donations will help provide meals for children and families in need-- the more you play, the more you help!

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 9

LTG Abigail released the January - February issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates and a spotlight about Division 16's "Ending Hunger Games" project!!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the cover to read
D11 Popcorn Fundraiser

Join D11 for a our final fundraiser through DoubleGood! All proceeds raised will to donated to various organizations and funds including our District and Governor's Projects. Consider purchasing some delicious popcorn to enjoy and to celebrate the service year, all the while making an impact on our homes, schools, and communities!

❀ Click the poster to participate
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates