What do you call a pile of coins in the rain?

Bronx Science Key Club

Feb 16, 2023, 8:00:10 AM2/16/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 2/16/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
WASSUP Key Clubbers!! Can you believe break starts tomorrow? If you have a math test, good luck... but at least it'll be over and done with soon </3 I'm planning to go to a bunch of events over the break, so I hope to see you all as well! If you want to stalk me, I'll probably be at the Hats for Homeless events, Emergency Food Program (going to multiple events in one day is so fun), Pottery Fundraiser, arts warehouse, and maybe the half marathon!!

Why does the weather hate us? I have no idea, but you should come to today's meeting anyway!!! I only have a few meetings left as your President, and I want to see as many of you guys as I can! Plus, someone else is leading the meeting today, not me ;))

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336! ੈ✩‧₊˚
Committee Cohead 2023-2024 Application
Your '23 - '24 Vice President Elect, Melody Jiang, has released the committee cohead applications for next service year!! Being a committee cohead is the first step towards Key Club leadership for many people, and it has honestly changed the way that I interact with Key Club. It's a positon that comes with a lot of hard work and dedication, but I HIGHLY recommend applying, especially if you're an underclassman!!

Deadline: February 25th @ 11:59PM
❀ COHEAD APPLICATIONS ❀
Tips from your President: Be genuine and put a lot of effort into your interview and ASSIGNMENT!! This form and everything else you apply for in Key Club should not be something you rush through :)) Being the first to submit will not get you far if there is no effort to accompany it.
Petition Set #11: Preventing Child Labor / Trafficking
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on supporting immigrants and refugees. Human rights violations against immigrants and refugees can include rejection of civil and political rights like illegal arrests, violence, or a lack of due process, as well as financial, social, and cultural rights like the right to health, housing, or education. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
The Kiwi: Volume 11.10
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our January newsletter!! Click to see her reflections on this past service year, as well as her new pictures <33 This past month was so memorable for many reasons, so it's definitely worth looking back at! Maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the cover to read
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Emergency Food Program
--Saturday, February 18, 2023--
In the early mornings every Saturday, the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue invites volunteers to help them pack and prepare bags of non-perishable food items. Join them in the lobby of the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue to help distribute these bags to guests in need.

SIGN UP HERE
Materials for the Arts Warehouse
--Thursday, February 23, 2023--
Help Materials for the Arts Warehouse (MFTA) prepare donated materials for distribution to over 4200 New York City public schools, nonprofit arts groups, art therapy and community service programs throughout New York’s 5 boroughs. Projects consist of sorting and shelving donations, bundling, and folding fabric, cleaning, and dusting, assembling donations!

SIGN UP HERE
Van Cortlandt Park Forest Restoration
--Friday, February 24, 2023--
Join the Van Cortlandt Park Alliance at one of its Forest Restoration Friday events. It allows community members to engage with VCP staff in maintaining the forested landscape here in the Bronx. Volunteers will assist with seasonal work such as removal of trees and shrubs, preparing planting sites, planting, and a wide assortment of other projects. Forest Restoration Fridays are a great way to learn about forest ecology, and get your hands dirty in protecting this wonderful resource!

SIGN UP HERE
BeanBeanBean
BeanBeanBean is a simple website that allows you to answer easy, fun trivia questions ranging from world capitals to English vocab, to the periodic table of elements. Each "bean" you earn will be converted digitally into money and donated to food banks and charities all over the United States.

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 9

LTG Abigail released the January - February issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates and a spotlight about Division 16's "Ending Hunger Games" project!!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the cover to read
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates