What do you call an apology written in dots and dashes?

Bronx Science Key Club

Feb 9, 2023, 8:00:42 AM2/9/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 2/9/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Good morning, Key Clubbers!! Today's meeting is going to be an important one for all of the underclassmen because we'll be going over committee cohead applications! Please consider coming if you have questions or just want to hear about what it's like to be a cohead <3 On another note, we currently have 70+ sign ups for the Lunar New Year parade, which is so exciting!! I'm so sad that I'm going to be missing the events this weekend because I genuinely wanted to attend, but I hope that you will all take photos and write articles about it so that I can look back at all the fun you are going to have~ I have to attend a STEM fair this weekend, but I'll keep you all in my thought nevertheless! This is a super busy season for the Key Club board, but I'll try my best to continue serving alongside all of you. See you at your next event!!

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336! ੈ✩‧₊˚
Committee Cohead 2023-2024 Application
Your '23 - '24 Vice President Elect, Melody Jiang, has released the committee cohead applications for next service year!! Being a committee cohead is the first step towards Key Club leadership for many people, and it has honestly changed the way that I interact with Key Club. It's a position that comes with a lot of hard work and dedication, but I HIGHLY recommend applying, especially if you're an underclassman!!

Deadline: February 25th @ 11:59PM
❀ COHEAD APPLICATIONS ❀
Tips from your President: Be genuine and put a lot of effort into your interview and ASSIGNMENT!! This form and everything else you apply for in Key Club should not be something you rush through :)) Being the first to submit will not get you far if there is no effort to accompany it.
Petition Set #11: Preventing Child Labor / Trafficking
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on supporting immigrants and refugees. Human rights violations against immigrants and refugees can include rejection of civil and political rights like illegal arrests, violence, or a lack of due process, as well as financial, social, and cultural rights like the right to health, housing, or education. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
The Kiwi: Volume 11.10
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our January newsletter!! Click to see her reflections on this past service year, as well as her new pictures <33 This past month was so memorable for many reasons, so it's definitely worth looking back at! Maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the cover to read
Member of the Month
Congrats to Jacey Mok '24 for being nominated for the month of January!!

"Jacey is a great person. She's kind, hardworking, and super easy to talk to. When I first met her, it didn't feel like meeting someone new, she simply makes the space around her feel like home. Jacey embodies the idea of inclusivity. As someone who finds it hard to start a conversation, Jacey easily bridged that gap between us and I can see her bridging gaps between others as well. Even when I lost my voice, she whipped out a pen and tiny post-its, ready to give it back to me."
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
CUPID'S CHASE 5K
--Saturday, February 11, 2023--
Cupid's Chase 5K takes place every February to celebrate the founding of Community Options in February 1989. Cupid’s Chase raises both funds and awareness for Community Options’ mission of providing residential and employment services to individuals with disabilities. Join them in their support of people with disabilities and their pursuit of Cupid!

SIGN UP HERE
25th Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade & Festival
--Sunday, February 12, 2023--
If you were unable to make it to the Firecracker Festival in January because of midterms, you're not alone! Don't miss out on this amazing chance to represent the Chinatown Parade on the streets of Manhattan! Responsibilities include greeting spectators, dressing as mascots, walking in the parade, and being in the dragon!

SIGN UP HERE
Emergency Food Program
--Saturday, February 18, 2023--
In the early mornings every Saturday, the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue invites volunteers to help them pack and prepare bags of non-perishable food items. Join them in the lobby of the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue to help distribute these bags to guests in need.

SIGN UP HERE
BeanBeanBean
BeanBeanBean is a simple website that allows you to answer easy, fun trivia questions ranging from world capitals to English vocab, to the periodic table of elements. Each "bean" you earn will be converted digitally into money and donated to food banks and charities all over the United States.

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
Congratulations to Sumaya Suma '24 for successfully running as next year's LTG Elect!! We're so happy for you and proud that Bronx Science will be represented at the Divisional level for two years in a row <3
RUNNING FOR HIGHER OFFICE
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates