What kind of Christmas music do elves like?

Bronx Science Key Club

Dec 8, 2022, 8:01:03 AM12/8/22
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 12/08/22 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Hey Key Clubbies <33 As the weather gets colder (let's all disregard yesterday), I'm so excited to begin attending all of the winter and holiday themed events!! I truely feel like Santa's little helper around this time of year, and I hope that you'll all get to experience the joy of December events too!! I love this time of year, and I hope to see you all at today's meeting for one of my favorite service events of the year!

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336!  ੈ✩‧₊˚
Apparel Design Contest
We loved your submissions for our tote bag, but this time we'd like to bring you our ANNUAL apparel design contest! As always, the winner of the contest will get their design for FREE! Your options are: hoodiecrewneckt-shirtquarter zip, or sweatpants! Choose your choice of clothing and begin designing..!
❀ Click the poster to start designing
Committee Applications
Our long awaited committee applications are finally out!! Committees are a great way to learn about Key Club behind-the-scenes and meet other committed Key Clubbers! You'll be assigned small tasks that are super manageable, and being more involved in committees are a great way to learn about the work that Coheads do every day!

Deadline: Thursday, December 8th
(TONIGHT!!!)

❀ Click the poster to apply
Member Dues
There are many perks to paying KC dues:
1) Be able to run for leadership positions & vote in elections!!
2) You'll get a Key Club pin and ID card, along with an additional 50 points!!
3) Be recognized as an official member by Key Club International 💙💛!

❀ Tap to pay your dues
NOVEMBER RECAP
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Here's a quick recap of what our club achieved this past month! Maybe you'll see yourself in there~
The Kiwi: Volume 11.7
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our November newsletter!! This past month was so memorable for many reasons, so it's definitely worth looking back at! Maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the poster to read
Petition Set #9: Benefits & Accessibility for the Disabled
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on making the education system more accessible for all backgrounds. Learning should be made for everyone and schools should be a place where students feel comfortable and accepted. Often times, due to discriminatory systems, education is not an option for some of those seeking to learn around the globe. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
Member of the Month
Congrats to Daniel Castro '24 for being nominated for the month of November!!

"I first met Daniel at our mini golf fundraiser where him and his lovely parents were playing a game together. They were all so polite and happy to be a part of Key Club. Daniel has been a consistent presence at our meetings, and this past weekend, ..."

(See Jeongwon's newsletter or come to today's meeting to hear the rest!!)
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Welcome the Winter!
--Saturday, December 10, 2022--
LET'S SAY HELLO TO WINTER!! The 6/15 Green Community Garden is hosting a neighborhood clean up which includes holiday lights, a FREE book giveaway, and FREE HOT CHOCOLATE!!! The free book giveaway was also sponsored by our previous workers at the Brooklyn Book Bodega. Your responsibilities will be helping facilitate the above activities which are: giving out books to children, mulching street trees, and stringing the holiday lights!

SIGN UP HERE
NYCRUNS BIG APPLE HALF MARATHON & 5K
--Sunday, December 11, 2022--
What is this? A second NYCRUNS this month! Get excited as we help out in the morning hours in Central Park. This is their last run of the year so it is going to be big! Responsibilities include handing out shirts, helping runners check their bags, or supporting them at a fluid station on the course or the post-finish festival.

SIGN UP HERE
Let's Wrap Toys Together!
--Sunday, December 11, 2022--
Christmas Day is ticking down and we are excited to be helping out to wrap gifts with the Mt. Horeb Holiness Church of God INC! Come and assist in receiving, wrapping, sorting toys! These toys will then be handed out on 12/18 during their actual event which we will also be volunteering at! Lets Wrap Toys Together in order to get into the Christmas spirit and put a smile on every child during their 1st Annual Toy Drive!

SIGN UP HERE
Missing Maps
Help Missing Maps create accessible map data where humanitarian organizations are operating! Through this event, you can maps areas where people live at risk of disasters and crises so that individuals, communities, and organizations can use the data and maps to better prepare and respond.

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 5

LTG Abigail released the September - October issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates about Fall Rally, International events, a bunch of new resources, and service spotlights, all in a Halloween theme!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the picture to start reading
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates