Did you hear about the man who stole a calendar?

1 view

Bronx Science Key Club

Jan 19, 2023, 8:00:45 AM1/19/23
to Bronx Science Key Club_ALL
View this email in your browser
♡❀˖⁺. ༶ 1/19/23 President's Greeting ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
What's up, Key Clubbers!!! Are you excited for today's BULLETIN EDITOR & WEBMASTER ELECTIONS? As the last of our club's board elections, I'm personally super excited to see next service year's board completed. I can already feel that it's going to be amazing <33 Even if you aren't a dues paying member, I really recommend coming to today's meeting just to check it out! Plus, Bulletin Editor assignments are always fun to look at :))

Good luck to everyone studying for their midyear exams, and congratulations to those of you who have already taken a non-uniform alternative! I know it's tough right now, but we're almost at the second semester of the year so just keep hanging in there! Try to pace out your studying and remember that a healthy body is also a healthy mind. You guys got this~

 ੈ✩‧₊˚ Meeting in Room 336! ੈ✩‧₊˚
BXSCI x BTHS x STUY
Ice Skating Fundraiser

One of our MOST POPULAR annual fundraisers is back this year on the Monday after Midterms week (yes, there is no school that day)!! We rented the entire arena, and for JUST $15, you can buy tickets and skates for FIVE HOURS!! We hope you're as excited as we are to go ice skating this year and have a fun time relaxing after midterms~ As always, feel free to invite your family and friends from different schools as well! Everyone is welcome at our fundraisers, as long as they fill out our form :))

Date: January 30th, 2023 !!

❀ Click the poster to sign up
If you ordered MERCH, then you MUST pay by Thursday, February 2nd!! Otherwise, we will not include your merch in our order.
DECEMBER RECAP
(Made by your Social Media Coheads, Emily Zheng '25 and Eric Leem '25)

Here's a quick recap of what our club achieved this past month! Maybe you'll see yourself in there~
Petition Set #10: Providing For Immigrants and Refugees
(Made by your Public Relations Coheads, Stacy Qu '25 and Sumaya Suma '24)

This month's petition set will focus on supporting immigrants and refugees. Human rights violations against immigrants and refugees can include rejection of civil and political rights like illegal arrests, violence, or a lack of due process, as well as financial, social, and cultural rights like the right to health, housing, or education. Signing petitions for causes that you believe in is one step to make change.

❀ Click the poster to start signing
The Kiwi: Volume 1.9
(Made by your Bulletin Editor & Webmaster, Jeongwon Lee '23)

Jeongwon released our December newsletter!! Click to read about her experience with COVID and reflections as a senior. This past month was so memorable for many reasons, so it's definitely worth looking back at! Maybe you'll even see the articles you and your friends submitted~

❀ Click the cover to read
Member of the Month
Congrats to Elena You '25 for being nominated for the month of December!!

"Ever since Elena first started in Key Club in April, I have seen her not only be a leader but a friend to everyone she works with. At her first event in the NYSoM Eggstravaganza, Elena dressed in a full bunny outfit in the middle of a hot spring to take photos with kids. I nominate Elena You simply because she has been such a ray of sunshine to everyone in Key Club."
(Updated by your Projects Coheads, Jessica Lin '25 & Darien Lu '25)
❀ EVENTS DOCUMENT ❀
Thrift Store Volunteering
--Saturday, January 21, 2023--
Come volunteer at a thrift store which used to be a church! Duties include: packing donation items in boxes, cleaning and packing the storage rooms, cleaning and packing debris in the yard, etc. There's a lot more help needed and your help can contribute a lot!

SIGN UP HERE
25th Lunar New Year Firecracker Festival
--Sunday, January 22, 2023--
As 2023 turns its corner, Better Chinatown is once again bringing back its Annual Lunar Festival! Join us as we rock the streets of Manhattan celebrating the clock of a new year! Some responsibilities when volunteering include greeting spectators, dressing as mascots, handing out gifts, and marching with dragons!

SIGN UP HERE
Kitchen Projects
--Sunday, January 29, 2023--
Volunteer on my birthday!! With projects in God’s Love We Deliver's kitchen, you can prep meals for those in need. Tasks may include packaging meals, chopping onions, making meatballs, ladling soup, peeling potatoes, scooping baked goods, or preparing fresh herbs.

SIGN UP HERE
Freerice
--Sunday, January 8, 2023--
NYCRUNS is back with another 5K run to start off the new year! Volunteers will assist with handing out shirts, helping runners check their bags, or support them at a fluid station on the course or the post-finish festival!

SUBMIT HERE
❀ CHARITY MILES FORM ❀
Panda Press Vol. 9 Issue 7

LTG Abigail released the November - December issue of the Panda Press!! You’ll find updates and a spotlight from all the way in Division 14 (the Adirondacks)!!

As always, you can submit articles to the Panda Press by pressing the button linked at the bottom of this section. I highly encourage you all to submit an article at some point this year!

❀ Click the picture to start reading
SIGN UP FOR D11 EMAILS
SUBMIT TO THE PANDA PRESS

Text Message Updates