Cs winter camp in Leipzig?

Dante-Gabryell Monson

Aug 22, 2010, 4:14:58 AM8/22/10
to ecoho...@googlegroups.com, bxl4l...@googlegroups.com

Posted by Dante Monson from Sint-Gillis - Saint-Gilles, Belgium

Http://couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=18488&post=2517407

"Hi All, I am adding a serious suggestion for "Leipzig", in Germany, south of Berlin. Some people I know own big houses in Leipzig, for partying and sleeping. Leipzig is attracting more and more artists, and as I heard, seems to have similarities with certain parts of Berlin some 15 years ago. Furthermore, it can be an opportunity to bring forward another project, that of encouraging hospitality networks, especially invest in buying a "street" in Leipzig, as european backpacker headquarters, south of Berlin, or even for travelers to establish their own sharewiki.org/en/Leipzig_project I imagine it could be an opportunity to be a starting point to empower a collective in Leipzig for spring and summer 2011.

I have been to Leipzig several times. If there are people interested in this plan, I have access to a space to stay over while preparing the camp and setting, together. I would not want to do it alone. Let me know. As for the rest, Leipzig is easily accessible from Berlin by train ( even direct train from airport ), or from Altenburg ( south of Leipzig ), although I personally recommend not to fly ... its more ecologically sustainable to go by land ! :) I am aware this thread is mostly about Lisbon. If there is enough interest in Leipzig, or if there are not enough organizers present in Lisbon, I am willing to kick-start an organizational thread for Leipzig."