Response to Mayavada Khandanam

Pradyumna Achar

Apr 27, 2019, 2:53:34 PM4/27/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Respected scholars,
Is there a grantha written from an Advaita perspective in response to the Mayavada Khandanam by Sri. Madhvacharya?
Thank you.
-Pradyumna

Subodh Bhat

Apr 27, 2019, 9:46:37 PM4/27/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
There is a blog written in English called 'Mayavada Darpana', which is supposed to be in response to Mayavada Kahandanam. Its available if you google search it. However should add that this is not a scholarly work.

Regards

K, Subodh Bhat
#1281, 33rd Cross,
Kumaraswamy Layout,
Bangalore 560078, India

Aravinda Rao

Apr 27, 2019, 10:05:15 PM4/27/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
There exists an Advaitin google/yahoo group where one scholar is regularly posting notes covering the text 'Advaita siddhi'. All these debates on mayavada are pretty old and hence any traditional Vedanta scholar can explain these. But it requires some patience to follow the texts.
Aravinda Rao K

V Subrahmanian

Apr 27, 2019, 10:24:13 PM4/27/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
When long ago I had asked a scholar if there was any reply to the Mayavadakhandana, etc. he said that the bhashyas of Shankaracharya themselves contained answers explicitly or implicitly and hence there was no need felt to make any separate response.

regards
subrahmanian.v

Venkatesh Murthy

Apr 27, 2019, 10:55:40 PM4/27/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste

Someone has written Mayavada Darpana in response to Mayavada Khandana.

Regards

-Venkatesh

Venkatesh Murthy

Apr 27, 2019, 10:55:40 PM4/27/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 7:54 AM V Subrahmanian <v.subra...@gmail.com> wrote:
When long ago I had asked a scholar if there was any reply to the Mayavadakhandana, etc. he said that the bhashyas of Shankaracharya themselves contained answers explicitly or implicitly and hence there was no need felt to make any separate response.

But Sankara Bhashya is not a point by point refutation of Mayavada Khandana. We have to see where is a book for that. One or two years back there was a book by Chennai scholars as a point by point refutation of all points written against Advaita by Jayateertha in Nyaya Sudha. Advaita Siddhi is very big and not easy to understand. But these two books will cover all points against Advaita from Madhvacharya and his followers. Why? Because Jayateertha and Vyasa Raya have given the most detailed criticism and we have two books for answering that.

In Advaita List we have given responses to many points against Advaita by Vaadiraaja in Nyaya Ratnavali and Yuktimallika.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh

Souvik Biswas

Apr 28, 2019, 12:17:49 AM4/28/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaskara
Respected Scholars,
I am also interested in this topic Mayavada. Could you kindly provide a list of books on this area it will be very helpful for me.
With regards
Souvick Biswas

V Subrahmanian

Apr 28, 2019, 12:48:37 AM4/28/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 8:25 AM Venkatesh Murthy <vmur...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I think you are referring to a book of recent publication: dhvAnta nirAsaH.  In reply to this book another work 'upanishadartha manjari' has been written by the Dvaita side.

regards
subrahmanian.v

Pradyumna Achar

Apr 28, 2019, 5:07:11 AM4/28/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thanks to everyone for the pointers.
As I am studying Mayavada Khandanam formally (not self-study), I thought it would be good to refer to point-wise responses to the same, if available.
The blog mentioned is too informal and ridden with mistakes, right from introductory statements such as "vimatham is “whether advaita can be started or not”". I will read it anyway to see if there is anything of value hidden in it.
-Pradyumna