Sanskrit term for design-is there any sloka or quote on Design in Sanskrit

Secretary, DRPMSECT &ISIS

Apr 28, 2018, 12:01:43 AM4/28/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

Sanskrit term for design-is there any sloka or quote on Design in Sanskrit. This term should be associated with modern concept of design.

Nagaraj Paturi

Apr 28, 2018, 12:15:43 AM4/28/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
रचना is the word for design only, though it is being used more in the sense of literary writing.

रूपरचना can be used for a focus on form side rather than on function side.

कल्पना, रूपकल्पना is another choice. But  कल्पना is being used in Hindi more for imagination.

It is a co-incidence that you sent this post just when I returned from my teaching of a course " Vedic Aesthetics for Design" at the MIT Institute of Design which is now the Design school of MITADT University, Pune.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Secretary, DRPMSECT &ISIS <rnpm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sanskrit term for design-is there any sloka or quote on Design in Sanskrit. This term should be associated with modern concept of design.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Madhav Deshpande

Apr 28, 2018, 12:25:55 AM4/28/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Dear Paturiji,

     The word रचना occurs in the Brahmasūtra रचनानुपपत्तेर्नानुमानम् in the sense of design or structure of the world.  The argument is that the world has a well designed structure, which seems to indicate that it must have a thoughtful creator.

Madhav Deshpande
Campbell, California

Dr ramanath

Apr 28, 2018, 12:31:50 AM4/28/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Nagaraj Paturi
Thank you for your quick reply. I need a sanskrit quote for this term,
if you know pls provide us. The Sanskrit term should be nearest to
concept of modern Design.
With regasrds
Ramanath

On 28/04/2018, Nagaraj Paturi <nagara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> रचना is the word for design only, though it is being used more in the sense
> of literary writing.
>
> रूपरचना can be used for a focus on form side rather than on function side.
>
> कल्पना, रूपकल्पना is another choice. But कल्पना is being used in Hindi
> more for imagination.
>
> It is a co-incidence that you sent this post just when I returned from my
> teaching of a course " Vedic Aesthetics for Design" at the MIT Institute of
> Design which is now the Design school of MITADT University, Pune.
>
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Secretary, DRPMSECT &ISIS <
> rnpm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Sanskrit term for design-is there any sloka or quote on Design in
>> Sanskrit. This term should be associated with modern concept of design.
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Nagaraj Paturi
>
> Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.
>

> BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
>
> BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
>
> Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies
>
> FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of Liberal Education,
>
> (Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )
>
> --

With Best Regards
Ramanath
--
Dr. Ramanath Pandey,
Research Officer, Oriental Institute of

InSIS – To promulgate the knowledge for the good of the ...
www.insis.drpsect.org.in

Nagaraj Paturi

Apr 28, 2018, 12:37:27 AM4/28/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Thanks Prof. Deshpande for this reminder. Thats an excellent example.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Dr ramanath <rnpm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Prof. Nagaraj Paturi
Thank you for your quick reply. I need a sanskrit quote for this term,
if you know pls provide us. The Sanskrit term should be nearest to
concept of modern Design.
With regasrds
Ramanath

On 28/04/2018, Nagaraj Paturi <nagara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> रचना is the word for design only, though it is being used more in the sense
> of literary writing.
>
> रूपरचना can be used for a focus on form side rather than on function side.
>
> कल्पना, रूपकल्पना is another choice. But  कल्पना is being used in Hindi
> more for imagination.
>
> It is a co-incidence that you sent this post just when I returned from my
> teaching of a course " Vedic Aesthetics for Design" at the MIT Institute of
> Design which is now the Design school of MITADT University, Pune.
>
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Secretary, DRPMSECT &ISIS <
> rnpm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Sanskrit term for design-is there any sloka or quote on Design in
>> Sanskrit. This term should be associated with modern concept of design.
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Nagaraj Paturi
>
> Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.
>

> BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
>
> BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
>
> Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies
>
> FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
>
> (Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )
>
> --

With Best Regards
Ramanath
--
Dr. Ramanath Pandey,
Research Officer, Oriental Institute of
the M S University of Baroda,
Former Research Associate, Department of Budhist Studies, University of
Delhi and
Former Associates of IIAS, Simla
Hon. Secretary,  Indian Society for Indic Studies( InSIS)
Founder Secretary of DRPSECT
Mobile:+91-9998281366

InSIS – To promulgate the knowledge for the good of the ...
www.insis.drpsect.org.in

Ramanath pandey

Apr 28, 2018, 12:47:31 AM4/28/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear Prof. Deshpandey,
Thanks for reference. It is important reference for design. But, I need a quote or a sloka for a logo.

S. L. Abhyankar

Apr 28, 2018, 12:54:05 AM4/28/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
"नक्ष्"-"नक्क्"-धात्वोरपि रचनार्थः प्रायः | "नक्षी", "नक्काशी", "नकाशा" एतद्विधानां अन्यभाषीयशब्दानां व्युत्पत्तयः प्रायः "नक्ष्"-"नक्क्"-धात्वोः |

Nagaraj Paturi

Apr 28, 2018, 12:58:43 AM4/28/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
विश्वकर्मा is the Vedic god of design. Vedas have mantras about him.