Short slokas or mantras on Marriage

Reeta Bhattacharya

Dec 10, 2014, 6:22:46 PM12/10/14
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Kindly send me some very short Slokas or Mantras on marriage or on bride and bride groom or any blessing type of quotations for newly marinade couple with english translations.
It is urgent requirement for my friend.
Kindly help her.
Regards,
Reeta Bhattacharya

--

Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.

They alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.

Hnbhat B.R.

Dec 10, 2014, 8:28:08 PM12/10/14
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
The best blessing (I am not sure whether it fits for this modern age or not when such a scene is rare in our present society).

The Ideal Married Life
इहैव स्तं मा वियौष्टं विश्वमायुर्व्यश्नुतम् ।
क्रीळन्तौ पुत्रैर्नप्तृभिर्मोदमानौ स्वे गृहे ॥ ऋग्वेद मं०१० । सू०८५ । मन्त्र ४२ ॥

Meaning - This mantra talks about an ideal married life, or grhastha-ashrama. It says - O Husband and Wife! Remain here only - do not separate. Attain your full ages. While playing with your children and grandchildren, be happy in your own home.

Thus, the mantra pictures an ideal married life as follows -
1. The marriage should be between a husband and a wife. The mantra uses Dual Number signifying this. Thus, the Vedas do not propound many husbands or many wives.
2. The husband and wife should live together. Divorce is not a happy situation, nor is living separately.
3. The parents should spend time with their children, not leave them to Ayyas. They should even spend time with their grandchildren. Recent Western studies have shown that the grandparents instil values in their grandchildren, and make them happy.
4. A joint family where all stay together is advised.

With regards

V Subrahmanian

Dec 11, 2014, 3:08:59 AM12/11/14
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
Namaste

Recently, on a similar request from a friend, I collected a few quotations and made a small file.  I am sending the file as an attachment.

regards
subrahmanian.v

--
निराशीर्निर्ममो भूत्वा युध्यस्व विगतज्वरः।। (भ.गी.)
---

Vivah quotes.docx

Anilkumar Veppatangudi

Dec 11, 2014, 9:40:37 PM12/11/14
to bvparishat
Please find attached file containing Mantras during Panigrahana, Agniparinayana and Saptapadi
Regards,
Anil Kumar
VivahaShlokas.pdf

Reeta Bhattacharya

Dec 15, 2014, 1:00:25 PM12/15/14
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Prof HnBhat B.R., Prof Subrahmanian and Prof Anil Kumar Veppatangudi for giving me the information.

Regards,
Reeta Bhatacharya