Book on Linguistics

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jun 20, 2024, 9:57:30 AM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste to everyone.
I seek your inputs on the following.
Is there any book on Samskrta Linguistics from Bharatiya perspective? ..where- the European theories aren't considered as bae for the topics like classification of Languages or Origin theories?
Or is there a totally new approach - keeping aside the Western norms, standards and parameters of Samskrta Language study?
Please guide me- to introduce to the students afresh, an outlook that helps them discover the Linguistic criteria of Samskrta from Samskrta tradition?
Thank you in advance
-उषा

Usha Sanka

Jun 20, 2024, 11:26:15 AM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to Kanchan Gogate, bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much dear Kanchan ji.
It is a treasure. Thanks a million.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 8:46 PM Kanchan Gogate <gogate....@gmail.com> wrote:
amaste,

Since the genesis and philosophy of language were part of my thesis, I  am citing the articles and books straight from my bibliography . I hope this helps. The ones marked in bold specifically address your query.

1. Aklujkar, Ashok. "Veda Revelation According to Bhartrihari." Bhartrhari Language, Thought and Reality, edited by Mithilesh Chaturvedi, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers, 2003

2. Bilimoria, Purushottama. Śabdapramāṇa Word and Knowledge as Testimony in Indian Philosophy. D.K. Printworld, 2008

3. Bilimoria, Purushottama."The Idea of Authorless Revelation (Apauruṣeya)." In Indian Philosophy of Religion, edited by Roy W. Perrett, Martinus Nijhoff/Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1989

4. Bilimoria, Purushottama. ---. "Toward an Indian Theodicy." In A Companion to the Problem of Evil, edited by Justin P. McBrayer and Daniel Howard-Snyder, Wiley, 2013

5. Carpenter, David. "Bhartṛhari and the Veda." In Texts on Contexts: Hermeneutics in South Asia, edited by Jeffery R. Trim, 1992, pp. 17-32.

6. Chakrabarti, A., & Matilal, B. K., editors. Knowing from Words. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994.

7. Chari, V.K. Sanskrit Criticism. Motilal Banarsidass, 1993.

8. Clooney, Francis SJ, Why the Veda Has No Author: Language as Ritual in Early Mīmāṃsā and Post-Modern Theology.” Journal of the American Academy of Religion, vol. 55, no. 4, 1987

9. Gächter, Othmar. Hermeneutics and Language in Purva Mimamsa: A Study in Sabara Bhasya. Motilal Banarsidass, 1983.

10. Grimes, John A. Problems and Perspectives in Religious Discourse: Advaita Vedanta Implications. State University of New York Press, 1994.

11. Kapoor, Kapil. Text and Interpretation: The Indian Tradition. D.K. Printworld, 2010.

12. Klostermaier, Klaus. "Creative Function of the Word." In Language in Indian Philosophy and Religion, edited by Harold Coward, Canadian Society for the Study of Religion, 1978

13. Matilal, B. K. "Ineffable." In Language in Indian Philosophy and Religion, edited by Harold Coward, Canadian Society for the Study of Religion, 1978

14. Sinha, Debabrata. "Reflections on Some Key Terms in Advaita Vedanta." In Language in Indian Philosophy and Religion, edited by Harold Coward, Canadian Society for the Study of Religion, 1978

15. Trim, Jeffery R., editor. Texts on Contexts: Hermeneutics in South Asia. Sri Satguru Publications, 1992

16. Language in Indian Philosophy and Religion, edited by Harold Coward, Canadian Society for the Study of Religion, 1978

"-यद्गत्वा न निवर्तन्ते तद्धाम परमं मम"

kenp

Jun 20, 2024, 11:08:00 PM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

Siddharth Wakankar

Jun 21, 2024, 1:41:37 AM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com

This small but valuable book by Dr.Batakrishna Ghosh is an excellent contribution as well as addition to our knowledge of the Indian tradition.

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jun 26, 2024, 2:43:31 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Hariom.
Thank you so much sir. I went through the book by Batakrishna ji.
But I am looking for something from traditional point of view. I am finding some inputs from different Bharatoya-view-pointed authors/scholars.
Will update if I succeed in making anything useful in this line.
Thanks again

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jun 26, 2024, 2:47:57 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thank you Ken ji.
I am looking for more academic stuff. Will try to use whatever is helpful my way.
Thanks again :)