Dhanvantari Mantra

Krishnakumar M

May 23, 2022, 5:31:46 AM5/23/22
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste,

We see many versions of Dhavantari Mantra on various platforms - online and otherwise.  Tried to look for some authentic version in texts like Mantra Maharnava and Mantra Mahoddhati, but unable to see any such Mantra in these texts.  What is the authentic source for Dhanvantari Mantra ?

In the Malayalam book called "Saparivara Pujakal" from the 1950s, I do find one version. The Version ends with "स्वाहा" and not नमः.  Some say, mantras which ends with स्वाहा is only for आहुति, and while chanting it should be only ending with नमः.  Also heard others who say that when mantras which end with स्वाहा is used for आहुति, स्वाहा  should be repeated for the actual ahuti.

Seek the valued advice of विद्वत्परिषत् in these two matters.

Pranams,

Krishna Kumar
(Singapore)