Fwd: A Primer to Bharatiya Ganitam - Part 1

K S Kannan

Sep 14, 2021, 11:20:23 PM9/14/21
to bvparishat
Today at 3.30 pm :
Launch of the book Bharatiya Ganita Pravesha
(Introduction to Indian Mathematics for Students upto Class VIII).

Excellently written -
with graded exercises, variety of problems (and Solutions to problems),
introducing the terminology, and equipped with glossaries

kumar suresh

Sep 15, 2021, 1:29:42 AM9/15/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Kannan,
  Thank you very much for the information!
  Is there a link to follow the Book Launch programme? Kindly share if there is any. Thank you!
With best regards
Suresh

उज्ज्वल राजपूत

Sep 15, 2021, 4:06:28 AM9/15/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
येन॑ लिखि॒तय्ँ येन॑ च प्रका॒श्यते॒ तद् अपि॑ कथ्यताम् महोदयाः!

K S Kannan

Sep 15, 2021, 7:38:08 AM9/15/21
to bvparishat
Ramakalyani Dr. V,
Mohan MV,
Venkatakrishna RS, and
Karthik N
- are the four authors of the book
A Primer to Bharatiya Ganitam.

The General Editor is Prof. MDSrinivas.

The book is published by
Samskritha Samvardhana Pratishthanam, Delhi

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 1:36 PM उज्ज्वल राजपूत <ujjwal....@gmail.com> wrote:
येन॑ लिखि॒तय्ँ येन॑ च प्रका॒श्यते॒ तद् अपि॑ कथ्यताम् महोदयाः!

Dr. K.S.Kannan  D.Litt.

Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj Chair Professor, IIT-Madras.

Nominated Member, Academic Committee, Kavi Kula Guru Kalidasa University, Ramtek.
Member, Academic Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthana.
Senior Fellow, ICSSR, New Delhi.
Academic Director, Swadeshi Indology.
Nominated Member, IIAS, Shimla.

Former Professor, CAHC, Jain University, Bangalore.

Former Director, Karnataka Samskrit University, Bangalore.

Former Head, Dept. of Sanskrit, The National Colleges, Bangalore.

K S Kannan

Sep 15, 2021, 7:40:54 AM9/15/21
to bvparishat
Sorry I could not send the link
as I did not have the permission to do so.

The book is already made available for purchase.

I have given the details in another thread.

kumar suresh

Sep 15, 2021, 11:44:45 AM9/15/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Kannan,
   Thank you very much for your kind concern! I have noted the details 😊

Lakshminarasimhan Krishnamurthi

Sep 16, 2021, 3:03:25 AM9/16/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Respected Scholars,
Namaskars.
As there was a limitation of 100 participants, Samskrit Promotion Foundation could not make the invite link public.
Prof. Ramasubramanian IIT Mumbai launched the book and gave a comprehensive review on the content, exercises and different sections of the book.
Prof. Amartya Dutta, Prof.Sriram & Prof. Michel Danino also shared their feedback and suggestions.
It was mentioned that Part 2 of this book will cover higher classes (Class 8 to 12)
Books are available from the following links;
2. Book +videos : www.learnsamskrit.online
Thank Prof. Kannan for posting.
Namaskars.
Lakshminarasimhan