Vaishyas & sandhyavandana

L N Gowtham Sarma Mahamkali

May 17, 2018, 5:33:49 AM5/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Do nowadays vaishyas have right to do sandhyavandana with vedic mantras?
(Please provide any book with some)
Or they are supposed to do purana paddati?
Please do share ideas and views.
Thankyou

Sivasenani Nori

May 17, 2018, 5:39:55 AM5/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
As per Sastra, they are eligible. I had taken a friend to a VedapaaThaSaala, where a GhanapaaThin (Sriman Pandurangacharyulu Salakshana Ghanapathi of Madhura Nagar, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad) confirmed his eligibility and took him as a student. I do not know the tradition amongst Vaishyas, but may be looking up Sayanacharya's Sandhyaavandanabhaashya might help.

Regards
N. Siva Senani

Venkata Sriram

May 17, 2018, 5:42:30 AM5/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Our moderator ji Shri.Nagaraju garu can help you.

His pujya pitrupAda compiled 'vaishya dharma prakAshika' and I think it is available in Hyderabad book stalls (Tagore, Gopal Pub.House etc.).

rgs,
sriram

Dr.C.S.R. Prabhu

May 17, 2018, 5:46:26 AM5/17/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
One important principle of Vaishya Dharma ,  I was told,is that 50 percent of their profit out if Businesswere supposed to be given back to the Society as Charity instead of 6 percent of CSR

Nagaraj Paturi

May 17, 2018, 5:50:16 AM5/17/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
I have been watching a huge number of Vais'yas performing Sandhyaa Vandanam.

The Telugu book Aarya Vais'ya Sandhyaa Vandana vidhi is available with

Tagore Publishing House
Shop No 20, Vysya Hostel Building, Kachiguda X Roads, Kachiguda, Hyderabad - 500027, Opp to Top Shoes (Map)
04027568329 04066368330
9440424625

On Thu, 17 May 2018 at 15:03, L N Gowtham Sarma Mahamkali <mlngo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do nowadays vaishyas have right to do sandhyavandana with vedic mantras?
(Please provide any book with some)
Or they are supposed to do purana paddati?
Please do share ideas and views.
Thankyou

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Venkata Sriram

May 17, 2018, 5:50:30 AM5/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste,

The vaishya dharma prakasika....

rgs,
sriram

Aravinda Rao

May 17, 2018, 11:17:35 AM5/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
I do not know whether the vysya varna dharma got amended with the passage of time, in the various dharma shastra texts which have come.
The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad (1-4-11) on wards says that in the beginning there was only one category or varna, i.e., Brahmana. That was not able to fulfill the needs of the society (security from aggression from another group etc) and hence it created the kshatriya. Even that was not enough and hence it created the vysya. When this too was inadequate, it created the sudra, the pushan, the one who feeds or nourishes the society.

Lord Krishna was a vysya according to his own definition of the term
कृषि गौरक्ष्य वाणिज्यं वैश्यकर्म स्वभावजम् (Gita ch 18 - 44). He surely studied the Vedas.
In the Ramayana commentary by Govindaraja we see that even a nishada chief is as good as a king and he is entitled to perform yajna. This was in the context of Guha.
I think we should encourage all farmers and cowherds (yadavas) to wear the yajnopavitham and perform rituals. Most of goldsmiths, weavers etc., were wearing it till recent times but they have now given up. Most other castes wore the thread until the time of invasions from the 10th century onwards and gradually seem to have removed the thread when they faced threat.

Aravinda Rao K

Niranjan Ni

May 18, 2018, 8:51:18 AM5/18/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
I remember seeing somewhere (Cannot remember the source now) that Kshatriyas did sandhyavandana with a mantra in trshtup (akrsnena rajasa..) and Vaishyas using mantra in jagati (not sure of the mantra).

Dr.BVK Sastry(G-MAIL)

May 19, 2018, 3:14:45 PM5/19/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com

Namaste

On < Most other castes wore the thread until the time of invasions from the 10th century onwards and gradually seem to have removed the thread when they faced threat. >

1. This is a current issue for ‘Dharma Shaastra research’  and historical practices in specific jatis of India.

2. The textual references for  prayoga for ‘ upanayana’ to  ‘ ALL in SOCIETY’  ( including Divyaangas/ challenged) including ‘ Women’ – is deliberated and explained as ‘Samskara in Bodhaayana .  The provisions have been already there in the traditional works.

Being a topic of sensitivity  if needed, please contact me off line.

Regards

BVK Sastry.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Nithin Sridhar

May 19, 2018, 10:05:45 PM5/19/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste Shastry ji,

Can you please share more details of this Samskara- Upanayana for all and procedure of Sandhyavandana for all?

Regards
Nithin