स्कन्द References

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jul 24, 2019, 1:26:42 AM7/24/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namo Namah to the parishat.
Attached is an image from Voice of God -Vol 1, Page 455.
I need all the four references mentioned there. The scholars here are requested for help. (The needed parts are marked with numbers)

I found the 3rd one from the word search (http://ashtadhyayi.com/sutraani/wordindex.php)-
But it is beyond my understanding which sUtra exactly he should be referring to-

3|4|56 विशिपतिपदिस्कन्दां व्याप्यमानासेव्यमानयोः (विशि-पति-पदि-स्कन्दाम् व्याप्यमान-आसेव्यमानयोः)
6|4|31 क्त्वि स्कन्दिस्यन्दोः (क्त्वि स्कन्दि-स्यन्दोः)
8|3|73 वेः स्कन्देरनिष्ठायाम् (वेः स्कन्देः अनिष्ठायाम्)
1|2|62 विशाखयोश्च (विशाखयोः च)

I searched for the 1st- Pancha Sukta (Sutra? may be the translator? Not aware..) in RgVeda (I also read carefully the whole discussion on Pavamana Pancha Sukta from year 2016 in the same parishat, but failed to guess anything about only Pancha Sukta.)

For 2nd one- Chandogya I got this- भगवान्सनत्कुमारस्तꣳ स्कन्द इत्याचक्षते, तꣳ स्कन्द इत्याचक्षते ॥ ७.२६.२॥
( https://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_upanishhat/chhaandogya.html?lang=sa )
I think this is the right one.

But, could not check Patanjali at all.. due to lack of any direction.

One more--
5) He tells in the next line that- "In Bodhayana Dharma Sutra, Skanda and His retinue find a place in the Veda Tarpanam to be performed daily"
If possible, please hep me with the reference of this as well.

Thank you so much in advance. Sorry for the trouble.

--इत्थं विनीता--
उषा
Voice of God -Vol 1, Page 455..jpeg

Anand Hudli

Jul 24, 2019, 2:03:40 AM7/24/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namamsi,

It is the Pancha Rudra Sukta of the Rgveda, 2.33.12 that is being referred to:

I have come across an instance of Subrahmanya Homa where this particular Rk is used.

Anand

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jul 24, 2019, 11:45:50 PM7/24/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Hariom.
I am very thankful to you for the exact reference. :)

उषाराणी सङ्का

Jul 24, 2019, 11:47:19 PM7/24/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्