Three verses on mother's day

Satyan Sharma

May 10, 2020, 2:42:08 AM5/10/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
नमो विद्वद्भ्यः

पोषकत्वाद्धि या पूषा येन्द्रो मङ्गलवर्षणात्।
ज्ञानप्रकाशकर्तृत्वात् या सूर्यो भवति स्वयम्॥१
अन्नासनप्रदातृत्वात् या पृथ्वी संप्रतीयते।
नैकलाभप्रदातृत्वात् नैकदेवसमन्वया॥२
लोकत्रयस्य देवानां विग्रहो धरणीतले।
मातेति मे मतं मात्रेस्त्वसङ्ख्यानि नमांसि हि॥३

सादरम्

Trichur Rukmani

May 10, 2020, 3:18:57 AM5/10/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this tribute to motherhood on this day.
om

Nagaraj Paturi

May 10, 2020, 4:04:01 AM5/10/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Great verse. Well rooted. Sums up many Indic views of motherhood.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre , Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Jay Nityananda Das

May 10, 2020, 8:07:52 AM5/10/20
to bvparishat
Very beautiful composition!

A drop from my side:

yA sarva-deva-vandyAz ca/ yA sarva-veda-vanditAH
mAtaraH sarvadA sevyAs / tA vande kRti-saurabhAH  (Here kRti means creation)

das,
Jaya Nityananda Dasa
("Nandagrama" Varnasrama Community Project)

Girish Jha

May 10, 2020, 8:46:40 AM5/10/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad, GIRISH JHA
Dear Mr Satyan Sharma
The word पूषन् is masculine.Hence you should use the pronoune यः instead of या(fem.)
Regards
Girish K.Jha
Retd University Professor
Dept of Sanskrit
Patna University
Residence: Kolkata

Girish Jha

May 10, 2020, 9:07:59 AM5/10/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad, GIRISH JHA
Very sorry.
Please read pronoun and not pronoune.
Girish K.Jha

Satyan Sharma

May 11, 2020, 5:27:52 AM5/11/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all Vidvans for the appreciation.

Regards

--
Satyan Sharma
Research Scholar

Note:
This email (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way unless specified. Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Satyan Sharma

May 11, 2020, 5:29:18 AM5/11/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Shri Girish Jha Ji

The pronouns belong to माता and so they are in स्त्रीलिंग. I am simultaneously talking about her and equating her with a certain deva due to some common quality.

Regards

Girish Jha

May 11, 2020, 8:54:10 PM5/11/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad, GIRISH JHA
Extremely  sorry.I was in haste and hence my that previous statement.I had again thought and  as soon as was to re-express my view I saw your justification which is conducive to my opinion.
Girish K.Jha

Satyan Sharma

May 12, 2020, 12:16:06 PM5/12/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com