Jagannatha Sahasranama Stotra

Pradip Sagdeo

Jul 5, 2022, 11:41:59 AM7/5/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaskar all,

Could someone in this distinguished group point me to the exact chapter of the Brahma Purana in which the dialog of Bhishma and Yudhishthira is the Jagannatha Sahasranama Stotra?  I have not been able to locate it in the copies I have access to.   Also, the wording and the format do not seem to match the traditional flow of such a stotra.  Maybe I am being too analytical, almost pseudo-intellectual about it, but I would greatly appreciate any help in removing my ignorance and doubts.

Thank you.

--
Pradip Sagdeo
Phone: 269-324-7641 (H) 269-830-4664 (C)

Pradip Sagdeo

Jul 9, 2022, 10:16:13 AM7/9/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaskar all,

Renewing my request below.  Please direct me to the original source of Jagannatha Sahasranama.

Thank you.

Pradip Sagdeo

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 9, 2022, 10:25:51 AM7/9/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Can you share the source where the source of the stotra is mentioned as Brahma Purana.

has

इति श्रीब्रह्मपुराणे भीष्म-युधिष्ठिर-संवादे
श्रीजगन्नाथसहस्रनामस्तोत्रं समाप्तम् ॥

Is this what you refer to ?

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Senior Director, IndicA
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
BoS Rashtram School of Public Leadership
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Studies in Public Leadership
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.