Goda Sastrigal passed away - need confirmation

Venkata Sriram

Feb 26, 2018, 11:59:20 PM2/26/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste,

I heard that Brahmasri Goda Sastrigal passed away yesterday night.

Can somebody confirm the news ?

Very sad news for us .

rgs,
sriram

V Subrahmanian

Feb 27, 2018, 12:16:01 AM2/27/18
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Venkata Sriram <srira...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaste,

I heard that Brahmasri Goda Sastrigal passed away yesterday night.

Can somebody confirm the news ?

Yes, I got the confirmation.  He passed away last night about 2.30 AM.  He had a heart ailment before.

Very sad indeed.  He worked in the RBI, Chennai, and was a regular participant at the Sringeri Mahaganapati Vakyartha Sadas.  He has trained many aspirants for the prestigious Tenali Shaastra Exams.  He was a Devi Upasaka too and used to conduct several sabha-s for various purposes. Very recently he had conducted a Dvaita-Advaita sabha at Chennai, a first-of-its-kind.

Very sad news for us .

subrahmanian.v

rgs,
sriram

Jsr Prasad

Feb 27, 2018, 1:17:45 AM2/27/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
दुःखकरीयं वार्ता । महात्मनां विष्णुसायुज्यावाप्त्यर्थं प्रार्थनेयं जनस्य ।
--
J.S.R. Anjaneya Prasad,
Professor, Dept. of Sanskrit Studies,

Venkatraghavan S

Feb 27, 2018, 1:41:30 AM2/27/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, yahoogroups
Thats very sad news indeed. My prostrations to him. Shri gurubhyo namah.

Aravinda Rao

Feb 27, 2018, 2:42:03 AM2/27/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, yahoogroups

Very sad news, my condolences to the bereaved family members. I happened to listen to him a few times in the shastra-sabhas. Great loss to Shastra students.

Aravinda Rao K

V Subrahmanian

Feb 27, 2018, 3:04:55 AM2/27/18
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, yahoogroups

Chandrasekar B

Feb 28, 2018, 5:08:36 AM2/28/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I went to his home yesterday to pay my respects and participated in the chanting of Hare Rama Hare Krishna Maha mantra.
He is sure to attain Moksha for leading a noble life. Great loss to Bharath.

Regards,

Chandrasekar

Trichur Rukmani

Feb 28, 2018, 5:14:01 AM2/28/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
An irreplaceable loss to the Sanskrit world. I have heard him on many occasions and was dumbfounded by the depth of his knowledge of śāstra. This is very sudden and will take a while to sink in.
May his ātman become one with the paramātman.
Om
Rukmani