1st fundamental law of Panchanga

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 3, 2021, 11:52:05 PM9/3/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

"The pivot is where surya and chandra move with the same speed"

1) This pivot is known (by definition) as mAgha.
2) is lorded by Indra (maghavan) and brahman.
3) shifts extremely slowly due to precession and many other motions, thus causing the resetting of nakshatra-s and the turning of yuga-s.
4) with this information, one doesn't need even read Ramayana or Mahabharata in order to date the same.

There cannot be a more natural fundamental law of time keeping than this. I'm offering this (as hypothesis) so that others may take it further (facing paucity of time myself).

KT

Raja Roy

Sep 4, 2021, 12:40:35 AM9/4/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Tuvij,
Can you please explain what your hypothesis is in detail. How can the sun and moon move with the same speed as one completes rotation in a year and another in 27.3 days? Whose definition is it that this pivot is known as Maagha? What do you mean by "shifts extremely slowly due to precession and many other motions, thus causing the resetting of nakshatra-s and the turning of yuga-s"? How does it shift by precession and what are these other motions? Do you have anything quantitative in your hypothesis? I can not make any sense of it.
Best regards,
Raja

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 4, 2021, 6:28:16 AM9/4/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Raja Roy ji.

On Saturday, September 4, 2021, Raja Roy <rajarammo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Tuvij,
Can you please explain what your hypothesis is in detail.

I think I've explained it in reasonable detail. Still you raise important points.

How can the sun and moon move with the same speed as one completes rotation in a year and another in 27.3 days?

Mathematically speaking the point where
the rate of solar months = the rate of lunar months

Whose definition is it that this pivot is known as Maagha?

point to ponder.

What do you mean by "shifts extremely slowly due to precession and many other motions, thus causing the resetting of nakshatra-s and the turning of yuga-s"? How does it shift by precession and what are these other motions?

There are many variables. I made some effort to find the below:
Apsidal precession, for example, so on.

Do you have anything quantitative in your hypothesis? I can not make any sense of it.

I've faith in scholars (such as you) at BVP, that they'll make sense of it— including all the quant part. Otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

Raja Roy

Sep 4, 2021, 12:38:13 PM9/4/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Tuvij,
I can not make any sense of your reply as well. Maybe it will make sense if you provided some published background papers. Pardon my ignorance, but I have not come across any of your work. Kindly let me know of your academic background and your contributions to Indology.

Best regards,
Raja

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 4, 2021, 10:12:57 PM9/4/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, September 4, 2021, Raja Roy <rajarammo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Tuvij,
I can not make any sense of your reply as well. Maybe it will make sense if you provided some published background papers.

At this point in time I'm unable (lack of time) to put anymore effort, or further explanation, in this direction. So, "seeking for some common cause from the three digit IQ part of the universe."

Pardon my ignorance, but I have not come across any of your work. Kindly let me know of your academic background and your contributions to Indology.

Googling my name (under " ") leads to a badly written-
1) published commentary on Veda
2) Indology blog

kamalesh pathak

Sep 5, 2021, 4:17:46 AM9/5/21
to bharatiya vidya parishad
May I add please an argument?
Long ago I learnt that when surya enters in the Chitra nakshatra the new year calculation should start, I don't know wether this is relevant to topic or not,
सर्वेभ्यो नमांसि🙏
Kamalesh Pathak

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 5, 2021, 12:15:42 PM9/5/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, September 5, 2021, kamalesh pathak <kamlesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
when surya enters in the Chitra nakshatra the new year calculation should start, I don't know wether this is relevant to topic or not,

Not relevant, but ok.

Raja Roy

Sep 5, 2021, 3:12:00 PM9/5/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Nagaraj,
Kindly take note that Mr. Tuvij has insulted me by using these words.
"seeking for some common cause from the three digit IQ part of the universe."

I would request you to take appropriate action.
Best regards,
Raja

Nagaraj Paturi

Sep 6, 2021, 12:21:28 AM9/6/21
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
"seeking for some common cause from the three digit IQ part of the universe."

These expressions are beyond my comprehension.

I can respond only to those expressions that I can comprehend.

If you can help me understand at least through an individual mail to me, I will be able to see what can be done.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director, Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
BoS Rashtram School of Public Leadership
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Studies in Public Leadership
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Raja Roy

Sep 6, 2021, 12:25:32 AM9/6/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Three digit IQ means IQ over 100. People with less than 100 IQ are called dumb. I took it to mean that he is calling me dumb.
Raja

Nagaraj Paturi

Sep 6, 2021, 12:49:02 AM9/6/21
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
I would ignore such expressions that reveal the IQ level of the user, Sri Raja Roy-ji.

IQ is mental age divided by chronological age.

If the user really thought that he was insulting you through that, that reveals that his mental age is less than his chronological age. Two digit IQ.

Please ignore.

Sudarshan HS

Sep 6, 2021, 1:39:52 AM9/6/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Kalicharan mahodaya,

"The pivot is where surya and chandra move with the same speed"

May I know if this is a quotation? And wherefrom?

इति सादरम्,
- सुदर्शनः

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 6, 2021, 8:10:07 AM9/6/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, September 6, 2021, Raja Roy <rajarammo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Three digit IQ means IQ over 100. People with less than 100 IQ are called dumb. I took it to mean that he is calling me dumb.

  No I didn't mean that (on the contrary I included you in the group of people here who I saw as eligible wrt the topic). The specific IQ reference was meant to convey that fundamental problem solving (instead of getting everything out of questioning me) is the key here, and that past laurels don't matter.

Raja Roy

Sep 6, 2021, 8:20:45 AM9/6/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Well, as Prof. Nagaraj said, I will ignore your posts. Your posts make no sense to me.
Raja

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 6, 2021, 8:26:54 AM9/6/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
No, not a quotation from somewhere.

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 6, 2021, 8:27:36 AM9/6/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
That's ok.

venkat veeraraghavan

Sep 6, 2021, 9:11:00 AM9/6/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Shri Paturi Garu:
"seeking for some common cause from the three digit IQ part of the universe."
The above sentence is malformed but no insult is intended to Shri Rajaram.
If anything Shri Kalicharan claims to have 2 digit IQ (by implication) and is seeking help from the 3  digit IQ part (which includes Dr. Rajaram).
We live in sensitive times where people take umbrage left, right and center.
I would request Shri Kalicharan to write in complete sentences to prevent such gross miscommunication.

Regards,

Venkat

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 6, 2021, 10:24:58 AM9/6/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Venkat ji,

Your reading is 100% correct. And you don't seem to have any trouble whatsoever in understanding all that.

In our country, organised research, even at the highest levels is beset with the basic problem of (mis-)communication (the so called diversity among Indian groups doesn't help). IMO it has more to do with the lack of a shared ethical worldview (the question of Panchanga also belongs here) than with the modes of communication itself.

"Every Indian thinks every other Indian as a fraud- hiding something- unless he/she expresses everything in binary (0-1-0) format."

"I'd say, as a nation, better self destruct."

Raja Roy

Sep 6, 2021, 12:29:22 PM9/6/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
We make our assessments based on prior interactions. Mr. Tuvij had made these completely unjustified comments on Shri Nityanand Mishra's article refuting Mr. Nilesh Oak. Nityanand ji's article was very detailed and scholarly and Mr. Oak had not made any counter-argument. Then how did Mr. Tuvij come to this conclusion?
Raja
On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 3:24 PM Kalicharan Tuvij <kalich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nilesh has come off better in this initial round of manthana (yes long way to go, argumentative Indian). Qualitatively his approach (all mortals are wrong in the end) reflects second order thinking better than in any of the counter arguments presented so far in this forum. I reserve further comments.

KT

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 16, 2021, 11:17:25 AM9/16/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Let me add to the OP (slowly as time permits).

The original term for "pivot" is नभ.
"इन्द्रो नभश्च"
Indra rules this point. Another devatA owning (native to) the point is ब्रह्म, understood as तप (also the Vaidika name of the month that is known in laukika as माघ).

What does this say?
This says that madhu, mAdhava etc are luni-solar months and are equivalent, in every whichever way, to Chaitra etc months.
Why? Because नभ is defined in the context of luni-solar framework only, as explained ("mathematically speaking...") earlier in the thread.

After all, when yuga-s change, nakshatra-s also change (refer OP), and so must the laukika names of months. Vaidika is permanent, laukika temporary. वा?

Kalicharan Tuvij

Sep 26, 2021, 12:15:12 AM9/26/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
"तपो ब्रह्मेति" - so goes an old remembrance.
---------

  Ideally, माघ should be equally spread - on both sides - of the नभ point. But due to fixed nakshatra-s through a yuga, minute errors accrue. In this way, at a given point in time, only one of the अमान्त and पूर्णिमान्त panchanga-s offers the desired accuracy; clearly, it can be said that अमान्त and पूर्णिमान्त exist to serve this purpose, and both are correct in their respective halves a yuga.

P.S.
By "yuga" in this thread, we mean:
1) the span of kali, or
2) 1/2 the span of dvApara, or