IAST transliteration and devanagari with WIndows 10

Priya

Jul 6, 2018, 1:13:36 AM7/6/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

Namaste,

I have been a long-time and satisfied user of Bhasha IME for typing in Sanskrit (devanagari and IAST transliteration), but now find that Windows 10 doesn't support it  anymore. I am now using Google Input Tools to type in Devanagari for Word documents - it is extremely unsatisfying compared to Bhasha, but gets the job done. Is there an alternative to this for devanagari? Google Input Tools doesn't seem to have any option at all for IAST transliteration -  what is the best way to do this with Windows 10?

Many thanks,
Priya

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 6, 2018, 1:19:08 AM7/6/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Did you try Microsoft Bhasha India ?

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 6, 2018, 1:23:27 AM7/6/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
The following is from

 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/how-to-set-up-for-using-iast-international/3f2d265f-ec6c-40df-8908-ab88cad306fb?db=5

Hello there, It's really a very old post, however, the Win10 finally released "Indic transliteration" keyboard for input IAST easily, like Ānanda Mārga.

But if you just need to type like Ánanda Márga, you need "US - International" keyboard.

Priya N

Jul 6, 2018, 2:39:39 AM7/6/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Prof. Paturi, for the suggestions. But Microsoft Bhasha India has nothing for IAST Unicode support  for Windows 10 on their website. I did go through the other link as well, but it basically tells you to design your own keyboard layout, or do a tedious cut and paste job from a character map. I was hoping that others who have migrated to Windows 10 may have found some way around this problem.

Thank you,
Priya

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्" group.

उदयनः

Jul 7, 2018, 1:38:04 AM7/7/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste Madam

Doesn't baraha work in Windows 10 ?

Dhanyawada

- Udayana

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Dr Udayana Hegde | PS To Vice Chancellor
Research Assistant & IT Nodal Officer | Karnataka Samskrit University |
Pampa Mahakavi Road, Chamarajpet, Bangalore - 560 018

Priya

Jul 9, 2018, 3:02:09 PM7/9/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste,

I don't know about Baraha. Regarding Bhasha, Micrsoft support confirmed it is not currently supported and they are looking into it. I am also working with Bhasha support - they have resolved some issues already, and will hopefully have it all figured out soon.

Priya

Priya N

Jul 9, 2018, 3:02:13 PM7/9/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
According to Microsoft support, no, Bhasha is not supported on Windows 10, and they have opened a ticket to look into it. I am  now working with BhashaIME support who have already resolved some issues, and will hopefully have it all figured out soon.