सुध्युपास्य "worshipped by the wise"

Madhav Deshpande

Jul 23, 2021, 8:23:45 AM7/23/21
to Madhav Deshpande
सुध्युपास्य "worshipped by the wise"

गृहीतं सुध्युपास्येन हरिणा मे मनो दृढम् ।
कामं द्विधो द्वियो वास्तु को भेदो मम बन्धने ।।

My mind has been firmly captured by Lord Hari worshipped by the wise. Whether the word sudhyupāsya “worshipped by the wise” has one or two dh/y sounds makes no difference in my bond with him.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

Madhav Deshpande

Jul 24, 2021, 8:35:57 AM7/24/21
to Madhav Deshpande
सुध्युपास्य "worshipped by the wise"

शब्दव्युत्पत्तिमात्रेण कोऽर्थ: सिद्ध्यति माधव ।
विरामे सर्वशब्दानां सुध्युपास्यं हरिं भज ।।

O Madhava, what purpose is achieved by your word-derivations? Devote yourself to Lord Hari, worshipped by the wise, where all words go silent.