Does the obligation of brahmayajna apply to Shudra also?

Satyan Sharma

Jul 17, 2020, 11:32:13 AM7/17/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaskaara

I was reading about the panchamahayajnas, which are to be done by the grhastha. Manusmrti 3.70-71  along with the commentaries, says that the brahmayajna (including adhyayanam) is to be performed by a grhastha (no specification of whether it applies to dvija only) and Yajnavalkyasmrti 1.121 also says the same and the Mitaksara commentary on the verse uses the word 'dvijavat', because the previous verse relates to the vrtti of a Shudra.

So my question is that, in these verses, is the grhastha Shudra needed to perform adhyayanam (adhyapanam also?)?

Regards