Sanskrit Podcast by two youngsters

Nagaraj Paturi

May 15, 2024, 5:59:55 AMMay 15
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
https://youtu.be/um1LMAYhQtg

"Sanskrit is a Dead Language?" Dive Into the Debate with "Vivakshu" – The World's First Sanskrit Podcast! 🎙✨ In this eye-opening episode of Vivakshu, we challenge the notion that Sanskrit is a relic of the past. Join us as we unravel the misconceptions and uncover the vibrant, living core of Sanskrit in today's world. Why does this ancient language still matter, and how is it anything but dead? In This Episode: Debunking Myths: Explore the common myths about Sanskrit and why they persist. Sanskrit Today: Discover how Sanskrit is used in modern technology, academia, and daily rituals, proving its ongoing relevance and vitality. Our Vision for Sanskrit: Hear from the voices behind Vivakshu about our mission to revive and integrate Sanskrit into mainstream culture. What’s in it for the general people, Why people can’t speak Sanskrit, Can it become the language of India once again.

vishal jaiswal

May 17, 2024, 12:41:02 AMMay 17
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Hate to say this, but definitely dead wrt accessible original /translated fiction, as well as audio/visual media in terms of numbers aka volume.
Is it spoken on par with any modern language beyond simple Sanskrit in it's full blown version except for a handful of scholars?
The answer remains the same.
Hopefully some things will change in the future and we will move beyond the fascination with vyakarana mastery.
This was not meant to be offensive or sarcastic, I sincerely hope this cat will be belled unlike the one in the tale.

On Wed, May 15, 2024, 15:29 Nagaraj Paturi <nagara...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

pooja p

May 18, 2024, 2:32:20 AMMay 18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com

Their enthusiasm is commendable. But how many people have the grit to continue what they began? When the viewershइp count margins on the "viral", everyone gets on the sanskrit wagon. But can they keep it going consistently with relevant though-provoking content, is the question.

C.F this podcast from Smt. Shobha Narayan which had much circulation when it was active - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ83joYJYmWTD5V6YoQZ_6lqZxedIvJRq

That's why they said -

प्रारभ्यते न खलु विघ्नभयेन नीचैः
प्रारभ्य विघ्नविहता विरमन्ति मध्या: ।
विघ्नैः पुनः पुनः प्रतिहन्यमानाः
प्रारब्धमुत्तमजना न परित्यजन्ते ॥

This is not akin to the principles of stock price volatility but rather the intrinsic value of the community built around the spoken language, in this case sanskrit.

Rājeśvara Rāv Bhaṇḍāru

May 18, 2024, 3:22:27 AMMay 18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com

Dear Vishal Ji,

I liked your reply. Your point is correct that only a handful of scholars can speak like native speakers, but it doesn't mean we should not refer to and follow it. Without Vyakarana, the language becomes like a kite without a thread.

I am not saying that without Vyakarana one should not speak. We followed the tradition 'Prayoga-śaraṇam Vyakaranam'. To attain that state again, people should be trained in a way that enables them to speak the language fluently without Vyakarana.That is a task which might take generations. Until then, we must strictly follow Vyakarana. Otherwise Samskritam loses its Samskaara. It is a tool that holds the language as it is for ages. Samskritam has remained unchanged for ages because of Vyakarana, unlike other languages that continuously evolve. When a language changes, the culture and heritage associated with it also change. Vyakarana prevents this change, preserving our culture.

We should be proud of our Vyakarana tradition. It is not a mere fascination but the 'self' (aatman) of Samskritam. Without Vyakarana, the language, culture, and heritage cannot be protected. I would like to say sorry if I hurt you in any way.

With best regards
bhaṇḍāru rājeśvara rāv

vishal jaiswal

May 18, 2024, 5:28:02 AMMay 18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dhanyavaad for all the replies!
Personally, for many years, I thought vyakarana was the way to Sanskrit fluency and I was going in circles as a result .
I finally realise that what's missing is an ecosystem of actual Sanskrit content , be it as text or audio or video, which is accessible to beginners or intermediate levels. And is present in plenty.
That was not so 15 years back and the situation still hasn't changed today.
Yes, there are plenty of stories from Sambhaashana Sandesha over the years but they are certainly not beginner friendly and neither is chandamama.
Hopefully the gap will get filled.
Also why must the length be restricted to 1-3 page stories. Surely longer tales are possible if not as original then at least as translated.
I am not against simple Sanskrit but the next steps should be moving closer to the real version.
Vishal

pooja p

May 19, 2024, 12:38:56 AMMay 19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I beg to differ. The past 10 years itself has seen a change in the scenario for people who are interested in samskrtam in terms of surge in learning material.

I suggest Sri Vishal Jaiswal to look into the following resources. Very accessible. Samskrita Bharati - the force behind the sambhashana sandesha recently put forth few talks on the Ramayana from vidvans who have spoken very well which is accessible on their youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@sbdakshinakar/featured

Grammar study will help only in refining someone who knows how to speak the language. And language can be spoken by immersing onself in it's mindful listening and reading of good literature in the language.

What better way than the Ramayana, the Adi Kavya? For one inclined in grammar the work of AVG Sanskrit is very accessibble at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvurxkVfPw&list=PLrSAkccUlXOyYAhuS1A0wdufT6nHJ0kp8&pp=iAQB

The work done by Vyoma Labs is outstanding in what has been achieved in such a small time frame since their inception a decade or so ago- https://vyoma.org/

For the competition oriented - the Surasaraswati Sabha exams are very accessible to pick up the basic literature into Samskrit - https://www.surasaraswathisabha.org/

The work done by the online journal Prekshaa in the past few years is also noteworthy. To filter out content on sanskrit their search functionality is much useful - https://www.prekshaa.in/

The Samskrita Bharati USA youtube channel is also quite active in recent times. Here is a glimpse of their Vitasta shibira where you get to listen to pristine spoken samskrtam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVh-zCqP7WQ&list=PLofrqGxIuL6QuV4bV1s66fO8FOYeKz57v

There is ample content on the youtube channel of Vedic-Vedantic Studies and Research Institute as well https://www.youtube.com/@vedic-vedanticstudiesandre5799. Noteworthy is their lecture series on Raghuvamsham - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFBbalVqesc&t=52s

For the more social oriented learner, there is a vibrant sanskrit sambhAshaNa community in platforms such as twitter too. Some of the handles include @sudarshanhs @patangaha @pvaal2 etc.

For those sincere students of the language there is quite a lot of scope for study as above. For the one who is averse to ephemeral goals like picking up quick fame with a book, a few podcasts/videos online, etc it is heartening to see a response from those knowledgeable in the language in recent times. Hope it paves way for more folk to get immersed in the language in coming days.

devmadhav

May 19, 2024, 11:42:35 PMMay 19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com

लोकेश

May 19, 2024, 11:42:36 PMMay 19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
> Hate to say this, but definitely dead wrt accessible original /translated fiction, as well as audio/visual media in terms of numbers aka volume.
> Is it spoken on par with any modern language beyond simple Sanskrit in it's full blown version except for a handful of scholars?

कटुसत्यमुक्तवान् भवान् । या भाषते सा भाषा । या न सा मृतैव । संस्कृतं मृतभाषा इयं श्रुत्वा अस्माकं दम्भस्य क्षयः भवति यतः संस्कृतरक्षणस्य दायित्वम् अस्माकं भारतीयजनानामेव । अतः वयं सरलतया न अङ्कीकुर्मः यत् संस्कृतं मृतप्राया एव । अपितु वयं वदामः यत् यः एवं वदति संस्कृतं मृतमिति सः अस्माकं शत्रुः ।

अत्र विचारणीयं यत् दोषः कस्य संस्कृतह्रासे ?

अस्माकमेव ननु ? वयं भारतिया न भाषामहे । अतः संस्कृतस्य इयं दुर्दशा । पूर्वे तु परतन्त्रा आसम् अतः वक्तुं शक्नुमः यत् अस्माकं दोषो नासीत् । किन्तु इदानीम् सा स्थितिः न ।

अस्माकं चयनमिदम् । इच्छामः चेत् संस्कृतं जीवितं भवितुम् अर्हति ।

vishal jaiswal

May 22, 2024, 11:55:19 PMMay 22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
'pooja p'  wrote:
I beg to differ. The past 10 years ......  in terms of surge in learning material.
I did not question the availability of material for learning or grammar.
That's there in plenty as you have elaborated.
I wrote about what's missing.