Vyakhya

MVSSP AGNI

Sep 17, 2018, 12:33:30 AM9/17/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
1. What is the meaning of vyakhya 2. What are it's characteristics 3. Where it defined. 4. What is the difference between vyakhya ,tika ,tatparya. I tried in vachaspatyam and sabda kalpadruma but unsatisfied with those explanation. We know that sutra,vartika,bhashya (defined in vyakaran) differences but not vyakhya,tika,tatparya. At somewhere I saw what is a vyakhyan but I failed to locate it again. Hence iam asking the vidvat parishad for the answers. Thank you.

Nagaraj Paturi

Sep 17, 2018, 12:41:31 AM9/17/18
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Dear Sri MVSSP Agni,

As a civil services aspirant or even as a youngster with a long career ahead, it will be greatly be beneficial for you to add respectful words in the beginning and end of  your message while requesting scholars for help.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 9:58 AM, MVSSP AGNI <mvssp...@gmail.com> wrote:
1. What is the meaning of vyakhya 2. What are it's characteristics 3. Where it defined. 4. What is the difference between vyakhya ,tika ,tatparya. I tried in vachaspatyam and sabda kalpadruma but unsatisfied with those explanation. We know that sutra,vartika,bhashya (defined in vyakaran) differences but not vyakhya,tika,tatparya. At somewhere I saw what is a vyakhyan but I failed to locate it again. Hence iam asking the vidvat parishad for the answers. Thank you.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

MVSSP AGNI

Nagaraj Paturi

Siddharth Wakankar

Sep 18, 2018, 4:53:51 AM9/18/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I remember to have read a very good article on terms like teeka,vyaakhyaa,avachoori etc. It was published in the ABORI somewhere between 1930-1940 or so and was written by a Bengali scholar, possibly,Dr.Bhattacharya.

Now,I am not able to locate the exact vol. due to lack of time

A search through Jstore may help the scholars.

Best luck in your search.

Prof. Siddharth Y Wakankar.

On Mon 17 Sep, 2018, 10:43 AM Nagaraj Paturi, <nagara...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Siddharth Wakankar

Sep 18, 2018, 4:56:02 AM9/18/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friend,

Please,let me know the details as and when you get them.I will be obliged.

Thanks in advance.

Prof. Siddharth Y Wakankar.

shankara

Sep 18, 2018, 5:30:45 AM9/18/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Wakankar ji,

I am surprised by your phenomenal memory. Based on your hint, when I searched at jstor.org, I could locate the article. It is titled 'Kinds of Expositions in Sanskrit Literature' by Ram Shankar Bhattacharya, published in ABORI vol 36, in 1955. As you wrote this article discusses the terms vyakhya, tika, panchika, vartika, bhashya, etc. in detail.

Please find attached a PDF of the article.

regards
shankara

Kinds of Expositions in Sanskrit Literature - Ram Shankar Bhattacharya 1955 (ABORI-36).pdf

Harshada Joshi

Sep 18, 2018, 1:29:39 PM9/18/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to Shri. Wakankar sir for having shared information about such a useful article! And many thanks to Shri. Shankara sir for sharing this article here.
It is indeed of a great help for students like us!
Namah!

Siddharth Wakankar

Sep 18, 2018, 11:20:07 PM9/18/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shankarbhau,

Am amazed by your ever.expanding horizon of resource material,providing valuable information on almost all the subjects.

Thanks for your kind gesture.still,I could not download that important paper,so kindly provided by you.

It will be my pleasure to read that paper after nearly 40 years.

Grateful to you for this favour.

Would you please share your contact number and personal email id.

Warm regards.

Prof. Siddharth Y Wakankar.
Vadodara.09427339942.

shankara

Sep 19, 2018, 12:31:33 AM9/19/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Wakankarji,

I have sent you a PDF of the article as Google drive link via a personal mail. I hope you are able to download it.

regards
shankara

MVSSP AGNI

Sep 19, 2018, 1:08:09 AM9/19/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Respected scholars . Iam very thankful to all of you. I got the answer to my question by the document " kinds of expositions in sanskrit literature". I Thank all of you for such a great help
.

S. L. Abhyankar

Sep 20, 2018, 1:41:00 AM9/20/18
to shankara, Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
धन्योऽस्मि श्रीमन् शङ्करमहोदय !

श्रीमता वाकणकरवर्याणां सूचनामनुसृत्य भवता अतिसौहार्देण प्रतिप्रस्तुतं लेखं पठित्वा विचारयन्नस्मि -
  1. साध्यं प्रायः किमपि कोष्टकं रचयितुं व्याख्या-वृत्ति-वार्त्तिक-भाष्यादिषु के के विवेचनविषया इति |
  2. तेन, कस्यापि सूत्रस्य वा श्लोकस्य वा समग्रः संकीर्णः अभ्यासः कथं भवेदिति मार्गदर्शनमपि साध्यं खलु ?
    • मम स्वीये गीतान्वेषणे संस्कृतव्याकरणाध्ययने च तद्विध एव कश्चिदभ्यासः मनसि भवति |
    • विवेचनविषयाणां काचित् सूचिः सार्धमस्ति चेत् अभ्यासः समग्रः संकीर्णः भवेदिति विचारः |
  3. विचारयन्नस्मि किं न मयैव तद्विधायां सूच्यां प्रयत्नः कर्तव्यः | यः कोऽपि "सब्रह्मचारी" भवितुमिच्छति ज्ञापयतु माम् |

Siddharth Wakankar

Sep 20, 2018, 9:33:43 PM9/20/18
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shri Abhyankar,

Your idea is good.pl.proceed very carefully.

Pl.read the Kavyamimamsa chapters,mentioned by Dr Bhattacharya for some general guidance.That was our First Publication in the GOS, Gaekwad Oriental Series of the Oriental Institute,Baroda.1916.

There are other books also in Marathi on KM,like by Prof.Dr.  Sau.Kamaltai Abhyankar,wife of Shri Shankarbhau Abhyankar,a great musician from Mumbai.

If time permits,I can also help you a bit in your commendable efforts.

Best luck.

Prof. Siddharth Y Wakankar.
Vadodara.0-9427339942.