Requirement of the Varṇasamāmnāya section from certain Vyākaraṇa treatises

Deepro Chakraborty

Jun 12, 2018, 7:45:48 PM6/12/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namo Vidvadbhyaḥ,

I do not find certain traditional Sanskrit grammar texts in my university library. I need to read the sections on the varṇasamāmnāya urgently. I would be very grateful if you could share at least the varṇasamāmnāya sections from the following texts:

1. Buddhisāgarasūri's Pañcagranthī Vyākaraṇa [This text has been published by Bhogilal Leherchand Institute of Indology in 2005]

2. Malayagiri's Śabdānuśāsana [edited by Bechardas Doshhi in 1967]

3. Jibananda Vidyasagar's edition of Kramadīśvara's Saṅkṣiptasāra Vyākaraṇa [I have looked at Saini's edition. But I did not find any section on the varṇasamāmnāya. Nor does the introduction to this edition clarify the problem. I am not sure if Kramadīśvara or Jumaranandin really enumerated the speech-sounds in their tradition. But the text does use the pratyāhāras and Jumaranandin refers to some of the pratyāhārasūtras at the beginning of Rasavatī]

4. Padmanābha's Supadma Vyākaraṇa [This text has been edited by Saini in 1989 and published from Bharatiya Vidya Prakashan]

Regards,
Deepro

shankara

Jun 13, 2018, 12:29:17 AM6/13/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste,

All except the 3rd are available online. Links are given below. First 2 links are from Jainlibrary site. One needs to register at the website to be able to download the books. Registration is free for all.

1. Panchagranthi Vyakarana BLII edition

2. Sabdanusasana of Malayagiri 1967

4. Supadma Vyakarana 1989

regards
shankara

Deepro Chakraborty

Jun 13, 2018, 5:29:57 AM6/13/18
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear Shankara jī,

Wonderful! I actually checked both archive and the Jain library. But unfortunately, I searched with different spellings. I should have tried with all possible spellings. I spelt 'Pancagranthi', 'Buddhisagara', Malayagiri, Supadmavyakarana etc and didn't find any result.

Anyways, it is really a great help.

With gratitude,
Deepro