Funny things our birds will do

Muslin Bunnies

Sep 26, 2008, 8:40:34 AM9/26/08
to Button Quail Planet
Ever notice that button quail can be ridiculously cute?

One of my pair right now are doing just that. The female, Miss
Brisby, is going about her normal thing looking for food on the floor
of the cage. This search takes her around the box that they use as a
cage (and out of sight of the male, Scruffy.) Scruffy notices that
she is not in sight and starts a game of hide and seek. Miss Brisby
hides, Scruffy seeks.

It is so cute to watch him stretching his neck up to peer over the box
then scurry around until he has found his girl. Then Miss Brisby
wanders off and the whole thing starts again.

Muslin Bunnies

Nov 2, 2008, 7:32:02 PM11/2/08
to Button Quail Planet
I have taken in a pair of btton quail that needed a quiet place to
recover after being ill. The male is SO funny. He will sit watching
me like he's waiting for something. I will quietly say "peep, peep,
peep," and he will crow once then watch me again. I will repeat the
peeping and he will crow again. All I have to do is peep at him any
time of the day and he will get all excited and start crowing for me.
He is just too cute!