Elizabeth Line opening: 24th May

julianrwalker

May 4, 2022, 5:33:31 AM5/4/22
to Bus Zone Fourm
Hello all,

Not bus related, but I thought I would share the news that the first phase of the Elizabeth Line opening is now planned for Tuesday 24th May.

Trains will operate between Paddington and Abbey Wood every 5 minutes. Trains will not call at Bond Street initially and there will be no Sunday service for now. although a special service will operate over the Jubilee Holiday.

Through services from Reading to Abbey Wood via the Central Core will commence later in the year, with the full timetable anticipated in May 2023.

Julian Walker

Martin

May 4, 2022, 6:23:36 AM5/4/22
to Bus Zone Fourm
Thanks for the info Julian.  Tuesday is an odd day to choose - I thought it was more likely to be on a weekend.  Do you think there may be a 'soft' unpublicised opening on the Monday to have a gentle start to operations?

julianrwalker

May 4, 2022, 8:50:36 AM5/4/22
to Bus Zone Fourm

Tuesday was apparently chosen because it is now one of the busiest days for commuting (Mondays and Fridays are the most popular for working from home). I think that as they have been so keen to announce the 24th as THE date, I would be surprised now if they did have any kind of soft opening before then.

Julian Walker