Loddon Bridge Park and Ride

Martin

Nov 25, 2020, 12:43:16 PM11/25/20
to Bus Zone Fourm
I am wondering what the long-term plans are for this service.  Presumably Vodafone will start working from its offices at some point and the red buses being used at present will need to return to Newbury.  Meanwhile the previous P and R buses have been repainted for the 19s ...

What will take their place?

Robert Williams

Nov 25, 2020, 2:35:38 PM11/25/20
to Martin, Bus Zone Fourm
The plan is for the four spare purple 17 buses to move onto greenwave 50, releasing 405-7 for the 500.

Regards,

Robert

Martin

Nov 26, 2020, 6:03:32 AM11/26/20
to Bus Zone Fourm
Thanks Robert.  How have the four purple buses become spare?  Does that imply routinely using generic buses on the 17?

Robert Williams

Nov 26, 2020, 4:27:47 PM11/26/20
to Bus Zone Fourm
Four have always been spare - I am however including 706 with it's advertising livery that is due for removal and 707 which will retain it's generic silver livery within that number.  The current 17 timetable only actually uses 11 vehicles off peak, and 13 at peak, so there are a lot of expensive vehicles doing nothing for a large proportion of the year which needs tackling. The buses are reliable enough that generics are not likely to appear very often, and even then probably only Mon-Fri peaks.