Preskočiť na prvú neprečítanú správu

Mark

neprečítané,
13. 8. 2021, 12:06:2913. 8. 2021
komu: Bus Zone Fourm
I'm interested to know, what is the point in the 700 buses when there is already the 702 and 703 running. Shouldn't the additional trips be put on the 702 or 703 rather than bringing a new route into the mix to confuse passengers with? The 700s also seem to depart at random times.

I also can't help but feel that having more 701s would improve patronage as well and significantly reduce dead mileage. Running 2 buses dead to and from London each day is costly. Surely it would be better to make these into 701s from Bracknell to London (these are then actually the first buses on a weekend from Windsor through to London and one becomes the last bus back to Windsor from London as the other trips run fast on the M4 from Reading or start/finish in Slough).

Even with the padding in place which is fully understandable, it feels as though the 700 just... doesn't fit. 4 route numbers for people to remember is a bit bonkers. For a company which makes things so simple in Reading, why do other areas have to be so complex?

On top of that, I always wonder why Legoland can't install bus stops at the hotel rather than making buses go into the turning circle. Not only wasting time if no one gets on or off but in the evening, you then have to get caught in the traffic to turn right into the loop then turn right coming back out. Traffic is mad, it only delays buses. Bus stops at the hotel are also customer friendly. Bit more appealing for those staying over to get off at 'Legoland Hotel' rather than 'Legoland Staff Entrance'.

I'd like to see Greenline become better but I can't help but feel Reading might be investing into it in some areas  (buses) but then letting it be ran down in other areas making it too complex to use, forcing delays for, no good reason and having dismal bus stops in Legoland. Surely a combined effort to improve the situation for the buses would help to boost Greenline to a new level.

jamesc182

neprečítané,
13. 8. 2021, 16:43:2213. 8. 2021
komu: Bus Zone Fourm
The 700 is intended for Legoland visitors arriving in Windsor by train and provides a frequent service between Windsor town centre and Legoland. Pre-pandemic, the 700 (or 600 as it was previously) was well used and was needed in order to supplement the 702 and 703 during the summer. The 702 in particular would be fairly busy arriving into Windsor mid-morning and would often be delayed on the motorway so having a shuttle from Windsor ensured a service was maintained on the busiest section. By numbering it separately, the 700 journeys can easily be added for the summer and then taken out once summer is over, meaning the 702 and 703 can run through the summer unchanged. With fewer overseas visitors in Windsor this year, I expect all these services are seeing fewer passengers this year.

The 700 is intended to run in between the 702 and 703 where possible which is why it runs at random times.

The two buses for the 701 often run from Bracknell depot via M4 Junction 10 then along the M4 to London which is quicker than going through Ascot and Windsor. If they ran in service, they would have to start earlier and I'm not sure who would use these trips as the main flow towards London in the morning seems to be from Slough/Langley. On weekend mornings when the 702 runs direct from Reading to Slough, the 703 journeys connect with the 702 at Slough for any through passengers from Bracknell/Windsor to London and I believe through fares are available.

A reasonable number of Legoland staff use the service so I think it's good that the service serves the staff entrance. If anything, the section I would drop is the Winkfield bit of the 703 which always seems lightly used yet takes an age compared to the direct 703 routing.

julianrwalker

neprečítané,
15. 8. 2021, 12:49:4715. 8. 2021
komu: Bus Zone Fourm
The stops at Staff Entrance are appreciated by the numerous staff who travel to Legoland by bus to work - typically these are younger people who may not have access to a car. Also pulling off the main road makes it easier and safer for staff travelling by bus.

Green Line seems to work well as it is, I don't see any great need to change or restructure it. Perhaps some more E400 Citys like 795 for the 702 though? At least we should be thankful that Reading Buses saw fit to take over the service and retain the link to London, First would have been happy for it to disappear without trace.

Julian Walker
Odpovedať všetkým
Odpovedať autorovi
Poslať ďalej