July Update

Robert Williams

Aug 7, 2021, 1:44:27 PM8/7/21
to bus...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Here are the fleet movements from July:

Reading Buses

408 & 409 gained half rear adverts for next stop announcements on 12 June.

758 gained a new MegaRear for the Reading Buses app on 26 June, replacing the it’s previous app MegaRear.

212 returned from hybrid conversion on 6 July, completing the project.

219 returned from refurbishment on 22 July, completing the project with the exception of electric bus 205 which remains on trial.

795 transferred in from Thames Valley Buses on 26 July, immediately going for repaint into Green Line 702 livery (ex light blue).

709 went away for repaint into Greenwave livery (ex purple 17) on 27 July.

227 gained a MegaRear for Suits Direct on 31 July.

4 returned from loan to N&D on 23 July, and has been sold to Cardiff Bus departing on 30 July.

21-26 have passed to Midland Classic, Burton, with 21-24 departing on 27 July. 25/26 remain on site as at 31 July.

185 has been withdrawn, having last been used in service on 26 May.

781-2 went on loan to Yellow Buses, Bournemouth on 26 July for the summer along with 783-6 from N&D. They are expected back on 5 September.

1415-17 have been reactivated, and transferred to Newbury & District on 16 July.

The Vodafone contract in Newbury is expected to resume in September, but with a significantly reduced requirement of just two double deckers (781/2) following a post-Covid review by Vodafone that sees the removal of all commuter services, leaving buses 21-26 redundant.

National Express have cancelled our contract to operate route 925 Woking – Heathrow at the end of June due to uncertainty around air travel. New work has however been introduced at N&D in its place.

700-705 remain SORN.

Newbury & District

658 gained a half MegaRear for next stop announcements on 12 June.

4 was returned to Reading Buses off loan on 23 July.

853 was collected by PC Coaches on 23 July.

1415-17 transferred in from Reading Buses for new operations on National Express routes 210 and 507 from Friday 16 July 2021.

783-6 went on loan to Yellow Buses, Bournemouth on 26 July. They are expected back on 5 September.

Thames Valley Buses

663 gained a half MegaRear for next stop announcements on 12 June.

660 returned from repaint into Thames Valley Maidenhead route 16 livery (ex plain white) on 15 July.

797 went for repaint into Thames Valley route 194 livery (ex light blue) on 15 July.

795 transferred to Reading Buses on 25 July.

Regards,

Robert

julianrwalker

Aug 9, 2021, 1:52:00 PM8/9/21
to Bus Zone Fourm
Thank you for the updates. You don't seem to get any feedback, so I thought I would let you know that I for one find them interesting and informative!

Kind Regards,

Julian Walker

Tom Farooqi

Aug 9, 2021, 2:04:24 PM8/9/21
to bus...@googlegroups.com
I eco what Julian said, I also find your updates useful and imformative.

Regards
Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/buszone/d32ec9df-7f96-4500-8497-841fdc424929n%40googlegroups.com
.

Peter Whitehead

Aug 9, 2021, 5:26:37 PM8/9/21
to julianrwalker, Bus Zone Fourm
I second that. Your regular updates are much appreciated and will be invaluable to future researchers when this chapter of the undertaking's rich history is written.

Kind Regards

Peter Whitehead