busy-beaver-discuss list

Shawn Ligocki

Feb 15, 2022, 2:46:17 PM2/15/22
to busy-beav...@googlegroups.com, Nicholas Drozd, Terry Ligocki, Boyd Johnson, pascal michel, Scott Aaronson, Bruce Smith, James Harland, Niels Lohmann, Heiner Marxen, Allen Brady, Pavel Kropitz, Gregory Lafitte, Myron Souris
I have just created a busy-beaver-discuss email list and invited you all. This is a Google Groups email list where busy beaver discovery announcements and discussions can happen. My hope is that it will improve a few things over our current method:
  1. Easier to post, instead of having to remember a list of possibly relevant email addresses
  2. Recipients can opt-in. There are many quiet people getting CC'd to many announcements and I worry that all our emails are annoying to you. Now you can explicitly choose to be a member of this group and control your email preferences (no email, daily digest, etc).
  3. Discussions will live in the public, so they can be referenced and discovered by others instead of simply being referred to as "private communication" stored in our ephemeral email folders.
Currently I have set the list settings to:
  • World readable: Anyone can search and read all emails to this list.
  • Limited writable: Only members may post messages. I've invited you all. Anyone can apply to join and I expect to be pretty welcoming to anyone interested in joining. Please let me know if there's anyone you'd like to see invited.
My hope is that all our Busy Beaver chatter can move to this list.

-Shawn

PS I have some exciting new results to share within the next week or so. But you'll have to join the email list to see them :)

Shawn Ligocki

Feb 15, 2022, 6:34:13 PM2/15/22
to busy-beav...@googlegroups.com, Nicholas Drozd, Terry Ligocki, Boyd Johnson, pascal michel, Scott Aaronson, Bruce Smith, James Harland, Niels Lohmann, Allen Brady, Pavel Kropitz, Gregory Lafitte, Myron Souris
It sounds like some folks are having trouble getting access to the group. You can find it at https://groups.google.com/g/busy-beaver-discuss , but I've also separately sent you all direct invitations (Nick says that his ended up in the Spam folder, so worth checking there). If you can't find the invite, feel free to request membership directly at the website I listed above.