Latest of 2022

VladCristin

Sep 1, 2022, 10:06:13 AM9/1/22
to BusinessDirectories

Any business with a local presence needs to maintain their local citations with a consistent NAP, but web directories won’t help with your SEO much beyond that.

The real returns will be from the credibility and traffic they drive to your business site.

As you begin your search for web directories, keep those two criteria in mind.

Consider these questions before you start filling out your listing:

  • Is this a reputable site? Put another way: If a customer saw me on this site, would they view my business as more – or less – legitimate?
  • Is my target audience likely to visit this site? If not, it’s probably not worth listing your business.

Now, let’s get into what you came here for the web directories that are still relevant today.

Web Directories That Still Have Value Today

In an effort to remain relevant, many web directories of yore have transitioned beyond basic listings to detailed review sites.

Many of the sites I’ve listed below reflect this trend.

I could have included many more on this list, like Jasmine Directory, Brownbook, and Bloggapedia, but based on their current traffic numbers (or lack thereof), I’m not sure they’re worth the effort anymore.

Instead, I’ve chosen to focus on only those sites that are more than a mere citation opportunity for your business.

These are all web directories with real traffic numbers that could translate into real value for your website.

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all traffic estimates were taken from SimilarWeb.com in January 2022. Also, with the exception of BOTW, Yahoo, and BBB, all of these web directories provide free listings.