Predictions: Top 3 Killer LD Apps for the Next Decade?

Melvin Carvalho

Dec 22, 2009, 6:24:00 PM12/22/09
to business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
Here's mine:

1.  FOAF Based, Shared Cloud Storage, and Folders

2.  GoodRelations Powered Market Exchanges

3.  FOAF 2 FOAF Secure, Reputation Based, (Micro) Transactions

Where will be the biggest opportunities?

Kingsley Idehen

Dec 22, 2009, 7:53:44 PM12/22/09
Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Here's mine:
>
> 1. FOAF Based, Shared Cloud Storage, and Folders
Yes, we call this ODS-Briefcase [1][2].

> 2. GoodRelations Powered Market Exchanges
>
> 3. FOAF 2 FOAF Secure, Reputation Based, (Micro) Transactions
Yes, basically Linked Open Commerce.

> Where will be the biggest opportunities?

Personally, I think combing the above in the form of Linked Data Spaces
[3]. Basically, Say Anything About Anything, Whenever (SAAAW) via Your
Data Space. Reducing the cost of the aforementioned annotation act while
increasing the density of structured linked data meshes leads to
serendipitously binding and discovery of relevant things:

1. Locating vendors of a piece of consumer electronics, based on very
esoteric features (exposed via my wish-list description), within
distance (N kilometers or miles) of my current location
2. Vendor should be able see the above i.e. all the potential customers
within close proximity of store locations that fulfill the a give need
exposed by a wish-list
3. Find people I should be connected to based on my subject matter
interests (ensure I or anyone else doesn't wait 3-4 years to make a
discussion space like BOLD, it should construct itself via a Linked
Discussion Space i.e., Linked Data drive NNTP)
4. etc....

Links:

1. http://ods.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/ODS/OdsBriefcase
2.