Predictions: Top 3 Killer LD Apps for the Next Decade?

17 views
Skip to first unread message

Melvin Carvalho

unread,
Dec 22, 2009, 6:24:00 PM12/22/09
to business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
Here's mine:

1.  FOAF Based, Shared Cloud Storage, and Folders

2.  GoodRelations Powered Market Exchanges

3.  FOAF 2 FOAF Secure, Reputation Based, (Micro) Transactions

Where will be the biggest opportunities?

Kingsley Idehen

unread,
Dec 22, 2009, 7:53:44 PM12/22/09
to business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Here's mine:
>
> 1. FOAF Based, Shared Cloud Storage, and Folders
Yes, we call this ODS-Briefcase [1][2].

>
> 2. GoodRelations Powered Market Exchanges
>
> 3. FOAF 2 FOAF Secure, Reputation Based, (Micro) Transactions
Yes, basically Linked Open Commerce.

>
> Where will be the biggest opportunities?

Personally, I think combing the above in the form of Linked Data Spaces
[3]. Basically, Say Anything About Anything, Whenever (SAAAW) via Your
Data Space. Reducing the cost of the aforementioned annotation act while
increasing the density of structured linked data meshes leads to
serendipitously binding and discovery of relevant things:

1. Locating vendors of a piece of consumer electronics, based on very
esoteric features (exposed via my wish-list description), within
distance (N kilometers or miles) of my current location
2. Vendor should be able see the above i.e. all the potential customers
within close proximity of store locations that fulfill the a give need
exposed by a wish-list
3. Find people I should be connected to based on my subject matter
interests (ensure I or anyone else doesn't wait 3-4 years to make a
discussion space like BOLD, it should construct itself via a Linked
Discussion Space i.e., Linked Data drive NNTP)
4. etc....


Links:

1. http://ods.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/ODS/OdsBriefcase
2.
http://ods.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/ODS/VirtuosoOdsControllersBriefcase
3. http://ods.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/ODS

--


Regards,

Kingsley Idehen Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO
OpenLink Software Web: http://www.openlinksw.com


Melvin Carvalho

unread,
Dec 28, 2009, 8:12:18 PM12/28/09
to business-of-li...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kid...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
Melvin Carvalho wrote:
Here's mine:

1.  FOAF Based, Shared Cloud Storage, and Folders
Yes, we call this ODS-Briefcase [1][2].


2.  GoodRelations Powered Market Exchanges

3.  FOAF 2 FOAF Secure, Reputation Based, (Micro) Transactions
Yes, basically Linked Open Commerce.


Where will be the biggest opportunities?

Personally, I think combing the above in the form of Linked Data Spaces [3]. Basically, Say Anything About Anything, Whenever (SAAAW) via Your Data Space. Reducing the cost of the aforementioned annotation act while increasing the density of structured linked data meshes leads to serendipitously binding and discovery of relevant things:
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages